Parallels Tools/Control Centre causes stutter in Lego games under Boot Camp

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by somnolentsurfer, May 24, 2017.

1. somnolentsurfer

somnolentsurfer Bit poster

Posting here because it's not strictly a guest OS issue. Apologies if it's the wrong forum.

I use Parallels Desktop 12.2.0 for access to my Boot Camp partition that I use primarily for gaming from within macOS. Ever since the Windows 10 Creators Update I've suffered an annoying stutter glitch in the TT Games Lego series that renders them unplayable. It's not a low frame rate, exactly. It's as if every few seconds they just skip a few frames. It affects all the Lego games I own, dating back from the original Lego Star Wars up until Lego Jurassic World. It doesn't affect any other games.

With some help from a thread on the Steam forums, I've tried closing background processes one by one, and eventually discovered that the games run fine after I force quit Parallels Tools and Parallels Control Centre. Like I said, this is Windows booted natively. I just also use this Boot Camp partition with Parallels sometimes.

I've tried booting the Windows installation up in Parallels, reinstalling Parallels Tools, then shutting down and rebooting to Boot Camp, but the issue still occurs. And, again, as I said, before the Creators Update all the games were running fine.

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi somnolentsurfer,
    Try uninstalling Parallels Tools completely and boot the Bootcamp partition then check.