Parallels does not recognse .iso windows 10. Unable to install!

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by Gee1, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Gee1

Gee1 Bit poster

Hi everyone, i really hope someone can help me.
    I purchased my subscription to parallels over a year ago and after countless hours trying to install windows i gave up and resorted back to using a windows pc, this PC has now met its demise and i must get parallels working on my macbook.
    The problem, when i go to create a new virtual machine and click on the " install windows or another os from a dvd or image file " and then click on " image file" i am asked to drag anddrop my .iso. Upon doing this i am just met with " Unable to detect operating system " continue anyway or try another source.
    I have also tried the "find manually" but this just runs for ages and never finds anything. I have let it run for over an hour and nothing...
    I have clicked continue anyway and clicked on windows 10 many times and none of the installs work. It never asks me to insert windows serial number or anything...
    I have tried soo many times i do not know what to do next.
    I downloaded the iso from www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10ISO the file is sitting on my desktop, i have even put it in other folders incase it can not read it from desktop...but nothing!

I have read many other posts and tried many different things but if parallels will not read the iso what can i do?
    I really appreciate any and all help, thank you!

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi Gee1,
    Make sure the ISO file is downloaded completely. We suggest you to download Anniversary ISO instead Creator's ISO then try.

3. Gee1

Gee1 Bit poster

Thank you for the quick response. The file was indeed full and complete at 4.24 GB but it was the creator's edition so i will try the Anniversary once it is downloaded.

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

You can try downloading Anniversary ISO and check. If you have any issues, please reach us for support.