Parallels desktop 10: "You have reached the maximum number of activations available"

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by George Fidias, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello @MaximilianZ1 , we have made the changes.
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop
    2. Open Finder > Application > Utility > Terminal and execute the command "prlsrvctl activate-license-online". and check it helps.

2. Arun@Parallels

Hello @BrittonW , we have made the changes.
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop
    2. Open Finder > Application > Utility > Terminal and execute the command "prlsrvctl activate-license-online". and check it helps.

3. MineH

MineH Bit poster

I am having the same issue. I have moved to a new Mac. I have already signed out the old one. Tried "prlsrvctl activate-license-online" but did not work, still says reached activation limit. Could you help. Thanks!

4. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

1. Please quit Parallels Desktop for Mac.
    2.Open Terminal and execute this command sudo rm -rf /Library/Preferences/Parallels/licenses.xml
    3. Restart your Mac.
    4. Start Parallels Desktop for Mac and go to Parallels Desktop> Activate Product in the Mac menu. Thanks!

5. MineH

MineH Bit poster

Hi Meena,
    The changes you've made yesterday solved my problem. Thank you for your help.

6. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Glad to know that. You're welcome. Please get back to us for any further queries.Thanks!

7. ShaunM3

ShaunM3 Bit poster

I am having this same issue.
    I have had my logic board replaced on my Macbook Pro, and now am unable to activate Parallels.

"You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license."

I am only attempting to activate on a single computer, not across multiple devices at all.
    Kindly remedy this issue ASAP. I require this software to function for work.
    Thanks

8. Arun@Parallels

Hi @ShaunM3 , We have made the changes. Please try to activate now and let us know if that works.

9. ShaunM3

ShaunM3 Bit poster

Thank you so much for your incredibly quick reply!
    The issue has been resolved at this time.
    A+ Customer Service!

10. Arun@Parallels

Hi @ShaunM3 , we are glad that your issue is resolved. Please reach us anytime for further assistance.

11. AntoineJ

AntoineJ Bit poster

Hi, I have the same problem. Reinstalled (and upgraded) my Mac many times, now stuck with a "you have reached the maximum number of activations" issue.
    Please help!

12. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Hello AntoineJ, please let us know what version of Parallels Desktop for Mac you are trying to activate? Thanks!

13. AntoineJ

AntoineJ Bit poster

I'm trying to activate Parallel 11

14. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

We have made few changes in the key settings, please reactivate with the same license key and keep us posted the results. Thanks!

AntoineJ likes this.
  15. AntoineJ

AntoineJ Bit poster

Thanks, it did work!

16. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello @AntoineJ You're welcome, we are always here to help. Thanks

17. GuillaumeB2

GuillaumeB2 Bit poster

Hi,
    I have the same problem, just replaced my hard drive after a crash, and I can't activate my Parallels Desktop 10 anymore :( Could you help me too?

18. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello @GuillaumeB2 , we have made changes to the activation key . Please quit Parallels Desktop . Then, open Terminal (Finder > Go > Utilities > Terminal.app). Inside the Terminal window, enter the command 'prlsrvctl activate-license-online' (without the quotes) and hit 'Return'. Wait till the operation completes. Then, close Terminal and re-attempt the activation.
    Thanks

19. GuillaumeB2

GuillaumeB2 Bit poster

Thanks a million ;)

20. Arun@Parallels

Hi @GuillaumeB2 , you are welcome. Please reach us anytime for further assistance.