Parallels desktop 10: "You have reached the maximum number of activations available"

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by George Fidias, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello @zdenekh We have made the necessary change, please try to activate now.

2. zdenekh

zdenekh Bit poster

Works perfect, thanks so much :D

3. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello @zdenekh You're Welcome! We are always here to help you. Thanks, Shathish

4. ScottV2

ScottV2 Bit poster

Just migrated to a new MacBook. Trying to fire up my Parallels Desktop 10 and it says I have reached the maximum number of activations available. I've already reformatted and restored my old mac, so I know it's not running on there. I'm also going to be migrating my Wife's mac to my old mac. I get the sense that I'll have that issue there as well. Hers is Parallels Desktop 12 For Mac and Parallels Toolbox. Please help!

5. ScottV2

ScottV2 Bit poster

I was able to migrate my wife's Parallels 12 over no problem. But I cannot get my own Parallels 10 to activate on my new MacBook Pro. Please help!

6. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello @ScottV2
    We have made the necessary changes, please try to activate now. As it was a Parallels Desktop 10, please use the below steps to activate.
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop
    2. Open Finder > Application > Utility > Terminal and execute the command "prlsrvctl activate-license-online". and check it helps.

7. ScottV2

ScottV2 Bit poster

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!!!! She's now running beautifully again!

8. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @ScottV2 , you are welcome. Please reach us anytime for further assistance.

9. SeulkiL

SeulkiL Bit poster

After I upgraded my MacBook, I can't activate Parallels Desktop 11. It says I have reached the maximum number of activations available. Please help!

10. Arun@Parallels

Hi @SeulkiL , we have made the necessary changes. Please try to activate now and let us know if that works.

11. SeulkiL

SeulkiL Bit poster

Thank you so much!! It works like a charm!

12. Arun@Parallels

Hi @SeulkiL , you are welcome. Please reach us anytime for further assistance.

13. MaciejK1

MaciejK1 Bit poster

I am trying to deactivate my license key on old Mac and install PD10 on new one. When I'm do it I got error Failed to activate the license.`
    I wan't to use the same license key on new MacBook.

14. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello @MaciejK1 We have made the necessary changes, please try to activate now. As it was a Parallels Desktop 10, please use the below steps to activate.
    2. Open Finder > Application > Utility > Terminal and execute the command "prlsrvctl activate-license-online". and check it helps.

15. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Hello @eeyurdakul,

We have made the necessary changes, please try to activate now. As it was a Parallels Desktop 10, please use the below steps to activate.
    2. Open Finder > Application > Utility > Terminal and execute the command "prlsrvctl activate-license-online". and check it helps. Thanks, Meena.

16. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Hello @MarcelS1,

We have made the necessary changes, please try to activate now and check if this works. Thanks, Meena.

17. B__2

B__2 Bit poster

Hello,
    I am having trouble reactivating my parallels 11 license after reinstalling the software. Can you please assist?

18. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Hello B__2, Yes, we are here to assist you. Please elaborate the issue you're experiencing. Thanks!

19. MaximilianZ1

MaximilianZ1 Bit poster

Having the same issue as many others here. Trying to activate Parallels 10 after a logic board replacement and getting a message that. I have reached the maximum number of activations available.

I tried the terminal command to no avail.

20. BrittonW

BrittonW Bit poster

I am having the same issue. Tried "prlsrvctl activate-license-online" but did not work, still says reached activation limit. Any ideas?