Parallels desktop 10: "You have reached the maximum number of activations available"

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by George Fidias, Dec 28, 2014.

1. JustinM6

JustinM6 Bit poster

I'm having the same issue with my parallels 11 license. I recently migrated to a new mac, but I made sure to sign out on my old computer. When I attempt to activate the license I get the "Failed to activate the license: Unable to confirm the product license. You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula (http://www.parallels.com/eula)). Please purchase a new product license." error. I know I'm not signed in on any other machines. This happens both in the app and from the terminal with prlsrvctl activate-license-online.

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made necessary changes, please try to activate again.

3. JustinM6

JustinM6 Bit poster

Thank you, it works now!

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are glad to hear that. Feel free to reach us anytime for support.

5. LeungW

LeungW Bit poster

having the same issue. could you reset the count for me?

6. LeungW

LeungW Bit poster

i am using parallels 11

7. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @LeungW, we have made few changes in the key settings. Please restart Parallels Desktop to reactivate with the same key. Thanks!

8. FrederickD1

FrederickD1 Bit poster

Hello
    I am having the same problem. Could you do something for me too.
    regards

-- Frederick

9. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @FrederickD1. We have made some changes to the license key. Please re-attempt the activation now.

10. FrederickD1

FrederickD1 Bit poster

Thanks a lot , it works

11. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

You're welcome. Please get back to us for any further queries.

12. stripe

stripe Bit poster

Can it really be true that I am forced to buy a new license because I switched to a new mac? - I signed out of parallels on the old mac, but no luck.

You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license.

I have upgraded to every version since version 2 and this is the thank you for being a loyal customer???

13. Mario3

Mario3 Bit poster

Hello,

Same issue here. I just purchased a new MacBook, signed out on the old one, but it says I have reached the maximum number of activations. Could you please help me out?

Thanks,
    Mario.

14. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @Mario3 , we have made the necessary changes. Please try to activate now and let us know if that works.

15. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We've have made necessary changes. Please try activating the license again.

16. Mario3

Mario3 Bit poster

It works now, thank you!

17. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @Mario3, you're welcome! Feel free to reach out anytime. We are here to help! Thanks!

18. JoeD3

JoeD3 Bit poster

Hello Parallels Tech Support: I am having this exact same issue with Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac. I have signed out of the Parallels Account on my old computer but still getting the Maximum Activations error on my new computer. Please let me know how to resolve.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
  19. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are unable to find Parallels Desktop 11 activation key in your account. Please reply to our private message with the activation key to check and assist.

20. JonathanT5

JonathanT5 Bit poster

Hello, I just purchased a new MacBook and I uninstalled parallels on my old computer. It won't let me activate on my new computer currently as well.