Parallels desktop 10: "You have reached the maximum number of activations available"

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by George Fidias, Dec 28, 2014.

1. NaderF

NaderF Bit poster

I'm having the same issue . I uninstalled it and reinstalled it to my new MacBook 2016 and it says the
    You have reached the maximum number of activations available.
    Please advice

2. NaderF

NaderF Bit poster

MacBook-Pro:~ naderferoz$ prlsrvctl activate-license-online

Failed to activate the license: Unable to confirm the product license. You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license.

MacBook-Pro:~ naderferoz$

3. Dinesh@Parallels

Dinesh@Parallels Guest

Dear @NaderF
    We have reset the activation limit from our end, please go ahead and activate on your Mac. If the issue still persists, please open Terminal (Finder > Applications > Utilities > Terminal) end execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

4. NaderF

NaderF Bit poster

prefect.Thank you . It worked.

5. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

Glad to hear that. Reach us out if you have any questions in future.

6. Nikita2

Nikita2 Bit poster

Hi
    I have the same problem with Parallels Desktop 10 on my new Mac. Could you help me with it?

7. Dinesh@Parallels

Dinesh@Parallels Guest

Dear @Nikita2 ,
    We have reset the activation limit from our end. Please go ahead and activate on your Mac. If the issue still persists, please open Terminal (Finder > Applications > Utilities > Terminal) end execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

8. Nikita2

Nikita2 Bit poster

Thank you, it works :)

9. Dinesh@Parallels

Dinesh@Parallels Guest

Glad to hear that, @Nikita2 !

10. Gallichet

Gallichet Bit poster

Hi,
    I've uninstall my parallels Desktop 10 for install on an other mac, and i have the message: Failed to activate the license: Unable to confirm the product license. You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license.

I have try on terminal this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online.
    But i have the same message

I need help please

11. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hello Gallichet,
    We have made changes to the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

12. RandyS2

RandyS2 Bit poster

My old Mac died completely (water intrusion) but I was able to save the SSD.

When I boot from the old SSD (via a UBS-SATA cable), I can start Parallels and it functions, which is great.

However, I get the same error message as others here when I enter my key. Help!

Thanks!

13. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi RandyS2, we've made a few changes in the key settings. Please restart Parallels Desktop to reactivate with the same activation key and let us know how it works.

14. @RandyS2 you can also use this KB for moving your Parallels Desktop license.

15. RandyS2

RandyS2 Bit poster

I was successful upon restart, thanks!

At this point I am still using Parallels by booting to the old SSD (external) and launching Parallels. If I decide to install Parallels on the internal SSD, might I run into this issue again? I noticed when I tried launching Parallels when booting from the internal SSD that Parallels was looking to re-install itself.

16. MKH

MKH Bit poster

Hello everyone. I have the same problem. Parallels would not let me activate and I can not deactivate the license on my old Mac as it got stolen.
    I also tried the Terminal command - nothing.
    Can please someone reset my Key ? I will work with the trial version now.
    Thanks

17. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

Hello, we have reset your Parallels Desktop 11 license key. Please activate it once again and let us know how it goes.

18. Martin11

Martin11 Bit poster

Same problem here "You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key" for Parallels Desktop 10. I change computers/do fresh installs once or twice a year so I NEED to be able to move my license around. I don't recall having any issues with this the last two or so moves, what's different now?

19. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

Hello Martin, we have made few changes in your Parallels Desktop 10 license key. Please activate it once again and if you are still unable to activate Parallels Desktop 10, please follow the below troubleshooting steps:
    1. Open Terminal (Finder > Applications > Utilities > Terminal.app)
    2. Execute the command:
    prlsrvctl activate-license-online
    3. Now execute this command:
    sudo rm -rf /Library/Preferences/Parallels/licenses.xml
    4. Quit from Parallels Desktop.
    5. Reboot your Mac.
    6. Start Parallels Desktop and try to proceed with the activation once again. Keep us posted.

20. Martin11

Martin11 Bit poster

Thank you! It's working now. You guys should really try avoiding these kinds of situations, I spent hours googling in frustration, it would have been far easier to just pirate. I posted here as my last resort.