Parallels desktop 10: "You have reached the maximum number of activations available"

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by George Fidias, Dec 28, 2014.

1. George Fidias

George Fidias Bit poster

Hi,
    I uninstalled Parallels 10 from my old macbook pro and after installing it on my new one, I got this message: "You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key. Please purchase a new product license."
    Of course I am not going to purchase it again.
    What can be done?
    Thanks!

LeticiaL likes this.
  2. Best Answer
    Guys, you can also use this KB in order to resolve the issue.

3. Mervin@Parallels

Mervin@Parallels Guest

Hello George Fidias,
    Please check your private message.

4. XavierJ

XavierJ Bit poster

Same thing here.
    Has this issue been sorted out ?

5. GeorgeF1

GeorgeF1 Bit poster

Have been waiting for quite some time.
    Got no satisfactory answer.
    Uninstalled Parallels, switched to VMware Fusion.

6. Abdul@Parallels

Abdul@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi GeorgeF1,

Please let us know your question, so we can help you. Tried searching for another post but couldn't locate any. If you have reached us through Support Ticket, please do let us know the Ticket number.

7. Abdul@Parallels

Hi XavierJ,

Please send me your license key in Private message, so I can check it for you.

8. GeorgeF1

GeorgeF1 Bit poster

My last message (Jan 8, 2015):
    Hi,
    1. Registration e-mail address: xxxx@xxxxx.xxx
    2. As for the eula, I have this to say:
    In order for parallels to be of use to me I have to be able to use it on both my mac pro (when at home) and my macbook pro (when at work).
    If I can use it only at one place, then I can't use it anywhere.
    One = none. Because, what's the use, e.g., of creating a file at home if I am not able to use it at work? None.
    That said, I admit I did not pay any attention to the eula.
    I thought it was obvious I could install on any of my computers. Never occurred to me it could be otherwise.
    So, the way I see it, I have payed for every single upgrade since 2005 (or was it 2007?) all the way through v.10 but I cannot install on my computers.
    Anyway, if you've read this far, thank you for your patience.
    Now, I'd like an answer from you: Just tell me if I will be able to install to another computer or not.
    If not, I will promptly uninstall parallels so that you will be happy and we'll all be legitimate, having acted according to the eula.
    Please, respond, so that I'll be able to go on setting up my new system.
    -----------------------------------------

As I said, there was no answer to the above,
    and since VMware eula allows me to install to all my computers,
    I had to uninstall Parallels and install VMware Fusion.

9. Enrique1

Enrique1 Bit poster

Hi,

I have installed a new hard drive for mac book pro, I did a clean install, and now I can not re install Parallels 10 because of these message
    "You have reached the maximum number of activations available"

10. Abdul@Parallels

Hello Enrique1,

I have sent you a private message, please check it and reply to the private message.

11. Abdul@Parallels

Hi GeorgeF1,

As per the EULA : http://www.parallels.com/about/legal/eula/ , Parallels Desktop application can be installed and activated only in one computer at the same time. If you are about to change the activation to another Mac, please uninstall the application completely from the previous Mac before installing in the new one.

12. BenB2

BenB2 Bit poster

Hi,
    I reinstalled my old macbook pro and after installing it on my parallels 9 key will not work, I got this message: "You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key. Please purchase a new product license." I do not want to upgrade IOS because of current applications that are not compatable. So I need to keep parallels 9.

13. Abdul@Parallels

Hello BenB2,

Please check your private message and reply us.

14. OscarB1

OscarB1 Bit poster

Abdul, the same thing is happening to me. Apple has replaced my logic board three times and I have been reinstalling every time. No problem until tonight when I tried to install on my newly reformatted drive and it wont let me. I did have time to uninstall the old copy before reformatting this same drive but its still complaining Please help. I just recently bought the upgrade to 10 after upgrading to Yosemite.

15. RamyaS

RamyaS Product Expert

Hello OscarB1,
    Please check your private messages.

16. eeyurdakul

eeyurdakul Bit poster

I reinstalled macbook pro and after installing it on my parallels 10 key will not work, I got this message: "You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key. Please purchase a new product license."

17. xpandersen

xpandersen Bit poster

Lån på dagen

Her vil du finne en rask lån på noen få minutter, enten du er ute etter lån på dagen, små lån av et par hundre kroner, eller hvis du ønsker å låne et større beløp, så vil du finne lånet på denne siden, vil du finne tips og anbefalinger for lån på 18 år, må du være forsiktig når du låne, så det ikke blir for dyrt for deg i lengden på lån du velger.
    Så se deg rundt og se om det er et lån for deg, håper du finner det lånet du søker.
    Noen av disse långivere krever at du er opp til 25 år for å få lån. Det varierer hvor lang tid det tar før du får pengene utbetalt, noen betale lån samme dag. Andre steder kan ta noen dager før pengene for lånet er overført til kontoen din. Alt dette krever at du er godkjent for å få et lån.
    PS: Du har alltid muligheten til å søke om lån på flere steder samtidig, det er ikke alle har de samme kravene, slik at du kan være heldig hvis du noen gang gått ned ett sted, så du kan være heldig å bli godkjent for et lån det neste du søker.
    Så ikke gi opp sende noen programmer av og se om du ikke kan få godkjent for et lån på en av lån selskaper.

18. DarrellR1

DarrellR1 Bit poster

I just completely uninstalled Parallels 10 from my MacBook pro and installed it on my iMac. I am unable to activate it on my new machine. Tells me to "purchase a new product license." Have been parallels since version 8 and have never had this run around before. Please fix ASAP.

19. DarrellR1

DarrellR1 Bit poster

Disregard. I purchased VMWare Fusion and went back to parallels on my MBP.

20. eeyurdakul

eeyurdakul Bit poster

I reinstalled macbook pro and after installing it on my parallels 10 key will not work, I got this message: "You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key. Please purchase a new product license. Could you help me about this issue please...

21. MarcelS1

MarcelS1 Bit poster

You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key
    Hi. I have the same problem with reactivation after upgrading my hdd to ssd.
    Any help ?