Parallels control panel

Discussion in 'Parallels Access and Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Malcolm1, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Malcolm1

Malcolm1 Bit poster

Hi' all
    I have just purchased Parallels 13, I need to uninstall win10 Home edition, so I can reinstall win 10 home pro which I have a licence key for.
    When I try to open Paralleles in my Mac ie, Finder/applications, it just takes me back to the windows desk top. When according to the Parallels website, it should open the Parallels control panel.
    Any help would be most appreciated. Malc

2. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello Malcolm1 ,
    Start Windows, go to Actions > configure > Options Tab > Startup and Shutdown > Custom > Start Automatically : Never, and then you can Shut down Windows and start Parallels to get to control center. please refer http://kb.parallels.com/5029 to remove virtual machine and then refer kb.parallels.com/4729 to install Windows. Thanks

3. Malcolm1

Malcolm1 Bit poster

Hi' Alfena,
    Thanks for the info.

4. Malcolm1

Malcolm1 Bit poster

HI' Alfena,
    I tried the instructions you gave to me, but they didn't work, I couldn't find a configure in the actions window. One of the problems I have is that I installed windows 10 home after I had installed Parallels. that version of windows 10 is not registered, and it won't let me configure the startup shut down settings. I don't have a key for that ver of windows. I have now bought a product key for windows 10 Home pro, so I need to uninstall the original win10 home version, but I can't get into the Parallels control centre as I said previously it just opens up windows desktop.
    regards, Male.

5. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello @Malcolm1 , Please make sure that Windows is shut down in order to configure the virtual machine settings, start Windows, go to Actions > shutdown and refer http://kb.parallels.com/117287 to get to virtual machine configuration and check if it works.