Parallels Client with MX Flag Creates One Large Display Instead of Two

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for Linux' started by ShaunD, Nov 16, 2017.

1. ShaunD

ShaunD Bit poster

I'm using the Parallels client version 16.0.18456 on Linux and when I create a connection to an RDP server (tested with versions 2008R2 through 2016) with the MX flag on a client with a dual monitor setup, the client presents the RDP desktop to the user, but instead of seeing two separate monitors in the RDP session, a single large monitor is shown. For example a client with two 1680x1050 monitors sees a 3360x1050 display in its RDP session. The issue with this is than whenever a user maximizes a window, the application spans accross both screens. The same is true when viewing a video fullscreen.

Is there a way to use configure the Parallels Client to use both monitors in an RDP session, but in a way that would create two monitors in the session?

Thanks

Shaun

2. jpc

jpc Pro

@ShaunD The "MX" option spans the desktop across all monitors i.e. combines a monitors and uses them as a single monitor. What you will need is the "MF" option which applies normal full screen (on the current monitor only or if combined with -Q on all available monitors).

3. ShaunD

ShaunD Bit poster

Thank you very much @jpc for answering my question. The online documentation for did not show the -Q command line option, so I was thrown for a loop. I should have checked the --help options.

Your solution worked like a charm! Thanks for your help!