Parallels 13 claims over 47% faster access to Windows files and documents

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Nelson3, Sep 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Nelson3

Nelson3 Bit poster

Hi,

I updated to the latest Parallels 13 hoping that it would increase file access speeds but in fact I'm noticing the opposite, accessing files from Windows on Mac OS X and vice-versa has become even slower than before.
    Is someone experiencing the same and does someone has some tips on how to optimize Parallels for fastest file access (both ways) ?

Thank you!
    cheers,
    nelson

2. prepper

prepper Bit poster

I share your concern. Since upgrading from Parallels Desktop 12.2.1 to 13.0.1 this week, the [Windows 10 64-bit Pro] VM is sucking the life out of my [host] Mac processor.

3. DonaldD2

DonaldD2 Bit poster

I am having this same issue as well. I am also getting a message that "Windows cannot access \\Mac\Home\Desktop" and cannot figure out how to repair this. Brain freeze I guess because I am sure answer is right in front of me but I just cannot see the answer.

4. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

5. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

6. DonaldD2

DonaldD2 Bit poster

Arun, suggested solution worked because it suggested reinstalling parallels tools for Windows which was missing and all is back to normal. Thank You.

7. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Hello @DonaldD2, Glad to know that you were able to sort out the issue. Please get back to us for any further queries. Thanks, Meena.