Parallels 13.2 High Sierra "There is no operating system installed in this virtual machine"

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by nikitaS2, Jan 15, 2018.

1. nikitaS2

nikitaS2 Bit poster

Hello.
    I'm trying to create a Boot Camp VM.
    I have High Sierra 10.13.2. and Parallels 13.2 installed. System integrity protection is disabled.

Can somebody help me with this issue.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  2. kat

kat Product Expert

3. nikitaS2

nikitaS2 Bit poster

Thank you for your answer, Kat.
    But I already have windows 10 installed via boot camp.
    When creating a WM, Parallels detect the right partitions (efi and boot camp itself) in configuration -> hardware -> Hard disk 1. The problem is that it doesn't load. I get error mentioned above.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  4. kat

kat Product Expert

5. nikitaS2

nikitaS2 Bit poster

6. kat

kat Product Expert

hi mikita53,
    Please see if you can connect your boot camp from the vm configuration area.
    Screen Shot 2018-01-18 at 7.49.38 AM.png
    with vm selected but not on>configure>Hardware>Hard Disk(left hand side)> select you boot camp partition from Source drop down list

7. nikitaS2

nikitaS2 Bit poster

Hi,

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  8. kat

kat Product Expert

Hi nikita52,
    Please uncheck EFI>Click on OK, then make sure you lock for no further changes. Let me know if this corrects the issue.

9. KarstenH3

KarstenH3 Bit poster

Hi,
    I've the same issue here - and the last suggestion doesn't work, too. The VM starts again with EFI - and looking into the config EFI is still "checked", seems this can not be unchecked. And setting vm.bios.efi=0 like described in http://kb.parallels.com/en/122735 lead to a "Trying to boot from SATA drive 1..."
    Any recommendation how to proceed?
    Regards
    Karsten

SamN1 likes this.
  10. MichaelR31

MichaelR31 Bit poster

I am sooooooo frustrated. I also get the No boot device available. At least I only bought the trial version. Guess this software is useless or at least too hard to get it running for a normal user.