Parallels 10 on OS X 10.11 El Capitan?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by UlfK, Nov 16, 2015.

1. UlfK

UlfK Bit poster

I'm running Parallels Desktop 10.3.0 for Mac on a bootcamp partition with Windows 7 under OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite. Can I upgrade to OS X 10.11 El Capitan without problems, or do I have to upgrade Parallels Desktop for Mac to version 11?
    (Sorry if this question has been posted before, but I cant really find it, since the forum search function excludes short words like 10 OS X El etc...)
    Kind regards,
    Ulf

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi, Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac is fully optimized on Mac OS X El Capitan and the latest build of Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac is compatible with El Capitan.

3. UlfK

UlfK Bit poster

Hi Chris,
    thanks for a quick and positive answer. I guess my version of Parallels Desktop for Mac v10.3.0 is the latest build of version 10.
    Regards,
    Ulf

4. ManojK@Parallels

ManojK@Parallels Parallels Support

Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac will run on OS X El Capitan (10.11) as long as you are on the latest update; however it is not optimized or enhanced for El Capitan.
    You will not be able to drag and drop files from Windows to Mac or use Windows Applications in full screen (when in Coherence mode).
    To enjoy an El Capitan optimized version of Parallels Desktop, please upgrade to Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac.

5. UlfK

UlfK Bit poster

Thanks,
    I only use Parallels with Windows to be able to run the SAS statistical system, so there's no need for fancy stuff like drag and drop of files for me. I'm quite happy with the version of Parallels I have. Eventually I will upgrade, though.
    // Ulf

6. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Sounds good! Feel free to reach out, we are here to help.

7. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hello All, please be informed that Parallels Desktop 10 Update 4 (10.4.0-29337) was released and the issue has been addressed. Please update Parallels Desktop to the latest build. Latest version always available here: http://www.parallels.com/directdownload/pd10/ Please note that Parallels Tools also needs to be updated (Actions > Update Parallels Tools) and let us know how it works. Thanks!

Nemensi likes this.