Outlook Autodiscover Issue

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by JeremyW3, Jan 31, 2017.

1. JeremyW3

JeremyW3 Bit poster

Macbook Pro 2015, latest version of Parallels, and a fresh Windows 10 install.

When the host OSX is set to shared adapter, Outlook Autodiscover will NOT work at all. This is imperative for the 2016 version of Outlook.
    If I bridge the connection with the currently active adapter, it works fine. Anyone experience this or have some insight? This is on a clients machine, I am the Exchange administrator. I have tested on my MacBook Pro, with a Windows 10 VM using the same Exchange server, and it works fine.

2. Hi, did you get any error message?

3. JeremyW3

JeremyW3 Bit poster

No, I am not getting any error messages.

4. IterisH

IterisH Bit poster

I am having this issue as well. Is there any resolution?

5. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello IterisH, Let us ensure that Parallels Tools are properly installed. Please follow this link to install Parallels Tools. If you see reinstall or update Parallels Tools then kindly reinstall it.

6. IterisH

IterisH Bit poster

New installation, tools installed.

7. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @IterisH, this is due to your Autodiscover not being configured correctly. This can range from the CNAME to Autodiscover.yourdomainname not being present, or by using a prefix that Outlook doesn't pick up correctly. This is pure Outlook issue and nothing related to Parallels Desktop. We would take a snapshot before follow the steps suggested in this article.