Odd Behavior With Client and RAS 15.5 (Minimization/System Tray)

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for Linux' started by AlexK5, Feb 27, 2017.

1. AlexK5

AlexK5 Bit poster

Hey everyone,

In getting up to date with the current releases, I updated my RAS from 15.0 to 15.5. I had been working on a Lubuntu OS running the Linux Parallels Client 14.1 for a while and wanted to test to determine if anything worked better or worse with the updated client (15.5) as well and noticed a couple of odd things. I was wondering if anyone else had seen this kind of problem before.
    Any application that I open with the updated 15.5 client will not remain minimized. It will minimize for a moment, then expand on one of my two screens (sometimes bouncing between them for several seconds) before it finally stops, maximized on one of the screens.
    Additionally, the system tray in the OS is no longer showing icons for applications opened through the 15.5 client. Some programs have a persistent presence in that location and would be usable with the older client. As they have basically disappeared, it leaves the app non-functional.
    Has anyone in this community seen this before? I'll probably contact support, but wanted to see if anyone had any ideas first.

Thanks in advance!

- Alex