Network not available on Chromium OS

Discussion in 'Other Guest OS Types Discussion' started by YilongJ, Aug 20, 2017.

1. YilongJ

YilongJ Bit Poster

Shown in the screenshot. I've attempted to change the network configuration from shared network to brigded or host-only network, but none of these work. The option shown in the window "browse as Guest" just makes the OS reboot. I've reinstalled this Chromium OS through Parallel Desktop. It is still like this.

Where's the problem? (I'm using Parallel Desktop 12)
    upload_2017-8-20_21-51-54.png

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
    NeilN1 likes this.
  2. YilongJ

YilongJ Bit Poster

Yesterday, I have upgraded to Parallel Desktop 13, but the Chrome OS still cannot work.

NeilN1 likes this.
  3. NeilN1

NeilN1 Bit Poster

Having the same issue in Parallels 11.2.3

4. ToddL7

ToddL7 Bit Poster

Same issue in 12.2.1...Is there a resolution?

5. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello All, We have already reported this issue to our development team. They are working on it. In the time being, you can subscribe to our newsletter to receive email notifications on product updates, new version releases, and promotions. Title: Parallels newsletter Link:> http://kb.parallels.com/en/117011

6. RicP2

RicP2

I am having exactly the same problem Parallels Version 12.2.1 (41615)
    I tried various network settings for the VM - to no effect.
    Choosing the browse as guest in the Chromium error window results in a black screen. So now I can't shut down the Chromium instances and change any of the VM settings.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
  7. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello @RicP2 Hello All, We have already reported this issue to our development team. They are working on it. In the time being, you can subscribe to our newsletter to receive email notifications on product updates, new version releases, and promotions. Title: Parallels newsletter Link:> http://kb.parallels.com/en/117011

8. TonyR5

TonyR5 Bit Poster

Do we have an update on this? as I have the same issue.
    I'm currently running Parallels Version 13.0.1 (42947) Pro Edition. macOS Sierra 10.12.6

For troubleshooting, I deleted the VM to reinstall, but now ChromeOS install image is nowhere to be found and isn't picked up by the installer either.

I'm developing some educational software, and could really do with this for testing.

Thanks in advance.

9. TonyR5

TonyR5 Bit Poster

From the lack of response, I guess that's a no then.

10. PatrickL7

PatrickL7 Bit Poster

Parallels Desktop 12.2.1
    Mac OS 10.10.5
    Am having the same problems. Have tried various net adapter configs.
    Note, the guest OS is receiving a DHCP assignment. I am watching the traffic. It is contacting Google, they have a chat and then then constant spinning circle.

Attached Files:

11. LudekS

LudekS Bit Poster

Hello, same here.

12. LevonA

LevonA

hi all, my name is Levon)) I am a new member here )) thanks for your post , nice to meet you all here, in this web site