Network not available on Chromium OS

Discussion in 'Other Virtual machines' started by YilongJ, Aug 20, 2017.

1. YilongJ

YilongJ Bit poster

Shown in the screenshot. I've attempted to change the network configuration from shared network to brigded or host-only network, but none of these work. The option shown in the window "browse as Guest" just makes the OS reboot. I've reinstalled this Chromium OS through Parallel Desktop. It is still like this.

Where's the problem? (I'm using Parallel Desktop 12)
    upload_2017-8-20_21-51-54.png

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
    NeilN1 likes this.
  2. YilongJ

YilongJ Bit poster

Yesterday, I have upgraded to Parallel Desktop 13, but the Chrome OS still cannot work.

NeilN1 likes this.
  3. NeilN1

NeilN1 Bit poster

Having the same issue in Parallels 11.2.3

4. ToddL7

ToddL7 Bit poster

Same issue in 12.2.1...Is there a resolution?

5. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello All, We have already reported this issue to our development team. They are working on it. In the time being, you can subscribe to our newsletter to receive email notifications on product updates, new version releases, and promotions. Title: Parallels newsletter Link:> http://kb.parallels.com/en/117011

6. RicP2

RicP2 Bit poster

I am having exactly the same problem Parallels Version 12.2.1 (41615)
    I tried various network settings for the VM - to no effect.
    Choosing the browse as guest in the Chromium error window results in a black screen. So now I can't shut down the Chromium instances and change any of the VM settings.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
  7. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello @RicP2 Hello All, We have already reported this issue to our development team. They are working on it. In the time being, you can subscribe to our newsletter to receive email notifications on product updates, new version releases, and promotions. Title: Parallels newsletter Link:> http://kb.parallels.com/en/117011

8. Do we have an update on this? as I have the same issue.
    I'm currently running Parallels Version 13.0.1 (42947) Pro Edition. macOS Sierra 10.12.6

For troubleshooting, I deleted the VM to reinstall, but now ChromeOS install image is nowhere to be found and isn't picked up by the installer either.

I'm developing some educational software, and could really do with this for testing.

Thanks in advance.

9. PatrickL7

PatrickL7 Bit poster

Parallels Desktop 12.2.1
    Mac OS 10.10.5
    Am having the same problems. Have tried various net adapter configs.
    Note, the guest OS is receiving a DHCP assignment. I am watching the traffic. It is contacting Google, they have a chat and then then constant spinning circle.

Attached Files:

10. LudekS

LudekS Bit poster

Hello, same here.

11. Cookrd1

Cookrd1 Bit poster

Still nothing out on this! THIS IS RIDICULOUS. It is 2018 and this is still not working on my Parallels 12 installation. I WILL NOT BE UPGRADING PARALLELS.

12. CliftonF

CliftonF Bit poster

Is this issue even being addressed by Parallels? I don't want a copy of your newsletter; I want to know that you are working on a fix for this.

13. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @ClintonF, as we have mentioned , we have already notified this to our development team and they are working on it.

14. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @ClkintonF , Please be informed that after Google changed their login procedures, enforcing the security, the Chromium Development build the Google team had supplied Parallels at some point, is no longer working - so technically you could launch it, but the network authentication will never let you login, as the infrastructure is obsolete.

Basically, after infrastructure change, you cannot authenticate. It is not network issue, but change of the login procedure - so currently login into system is impossible.

As this Chromium build was designed for testers of the Google-oriented programmers (and was never intended to be used by end-users), we've just dropped the support for this appliance in Parallels Desktop 12 and 13 (in 13 it's not even offered - to get one, you'll need to compile it on your own using the Google Developers documentation).

15. CliftonF

CliftonF Bit poster

That is actually an acceptable response. Silence (for months) just leads to frustration.

16. VartanK

VartanK Bit poster

What?? Thats it? Dead end? flat tire? Is there no other way, no ISO anywhere on the internets??

17. GustavoS2

GustavoS2 Bit poster

I have the same problem

18. GregL6

GregL6 Bit poster

This is the same level of support I have EVER gotten from Parallels. I've tried to install older versions of macOS; had problems; requested help. Nothing. ChromeOS doesn't work; requested help. Nothing. Basically, I have this product ONLY to run Windows on my Mac -- which I can do using dual-boot straight out of the box. It must be good to have a product that continues to do less and less, is not supported in the least, and keeps pushing users to buy an "new and improved" version each year.

19. Ryan Knapper

Ryan Knapper Bit poster

I'm having the exact same problem. Good to know it's receiving top priority. The main reason why I even tried was because it's so prominently displayed when creating a new VM.