Mute Microphone

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by sgniwder, Feb 5, 2018.

1. sgniwder

sgniwder Member

I have a few USB inputs on my Macbook Pro. I have noticed that the the Mute Microphone works while I have the Internal Microphone set as my input device, but it will not mute the microphone if I have one of my USB inputs set as the input device. For example, the picture below shows that sound is still getting through even though the input volume is set to the lowest setting by selecting Mute Microphone. It doesn't appear to work correctly.
    Is there a way that I can set the Mute Microphone to mute all microphones?
    upload_2018-2-5_14-35-18.png

2. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

Hello,
    Mute Microphone tool reduces input volume for all connected microphones. If user or application tries to increase it then Mute Microphone reduces it again to prevent audio recording.

As I understand, "input level" for your microphone indicates that sound is still getting, isn't it?
    Is the same issue valid for all your microphones, all external microphones or only one concrete device?

Can you try to record audio with this microphone using Quick Time app or using Record Audio tool from Toolbox - are there sound on recorded video?

Also please send Technical Data report (Open Toolbox -> Press 'Gear' button -> Help -> Send Technical Data) and post it's ID here. It will help us to investigate your issue.

3. sgniwder

sgniwder Member

Hi sergk,
    I tested it with the Parallel's Toolbox audio recorder and it functions correctly. All inputs are muted when selecting mute. Unfortunately, other applications, do not mute. Quicktime muted the internal microphone, but not the USB microphone. It appears that it does not work with USB devices. The internal microphone appears to mute correctly. I also tested this using Zoom and pressing the mute button did not make a difference. All sounds were audible.
    Thanks for looking into this.
    I submitted the report and it is ID number 240537747

4. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

Hi,

thanks for additional information, we'll investigate this issue and let you know in case of any news.