Maximum number of activations after system Restore from backup?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Shell, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Shell

Shell Bit poster

Guys, my laptop crashed and had to be repaired by Apple. Once I got my machine back, I restored from Time Machine backup... but now I cannot reactivate my own purchased copy of Parallels due to message saying "You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key".

This is so wrong... I bought this, but now I cannot use it? Since my previous machines have been decommissioned or restored?
    How do I fix this so I can use it properly? My account shows I purchased... please help.

take care,
    Shell Sullivan

2. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello @Shell We have made the necessary changes, please try to activate now. As it was a Parallels Desktop 10, please use the below steps to activate.
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop
    2. Open Finder > Application > Utility > Terminal and execute the command "prlsrvctl activate-license-online". and check it helps.

3. Shell

Shell Bit poster

Thank you, worked perfectly!

-shell

4. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Hello @Shell, you're welcome. We are always there to help you. Thanks, Meena.

5. Mikcuar

Mikcuar Bit poster

I am having the same problem. My computer crashed and, after restoring with Time Machine, I can't activate PD 8. Please help. Thank you.

6. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @Mikcuar , we have made the necessary changes. Please try to activate now and check.

7. Mikcuar

Mikcuar Bit poster

Thank you.

8. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

You're welcome. Please get back to us for any further queries.

9. RoryA

RoryA Bit poster

I have the same issue. Macbook was repaired and had to be restored from Time Machine. It's the same machine but I can't activate it due to the activation. Can you reset my account so I can reactivate my same machine?

10. kavyaM

kavyaM Hunter

@RoryA We have responded to you in a personal message so please provide us the info there to check further.