Lost upgrade fee?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by RichardL13, Nov 15, 2017.

1. RichardL13

RichardL13 Bit poster

I have not used my edition of parallels for a long time. I had Windows XP running on it. I just tried to get going again, downloaded Parallels 13, which appears to have dumped my purchased old software. The trial has run out and it won't accept the upgrade key I tried to enter - it only works for upgrading from Parallels 10 or better - I had parallels 3 (like I said, been a long time...). Am I out the price I paid for the upgrade? Is there a way to add that money to more money to make it a normal purchase? I'm ok with that as long as I am not out my 49.99. Next I need windows 10 - but that is after I get the parallels working! Thanks. RL

Attached Files:

2. RichardL13

RichardL13 Bit poster

Sooo, nevermind. Easiest way to fix this was not complicate it. Called for a refund (took a little to find the phone #, but that's OK). New, full license is next.

3. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @RichardL13 Sorry for the delay in response. MacOS has made vast changes to the landscape of their file systems, security, & system integration. We have to work harder to bring full support to our product for our users! We hope you understand our desire to compensate our brilliant engineers for their hard work. Glad that you have made Parallels Desktop full version and able to activate it.