Local Resources and Devices unavailable in Paralles RDP application session

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by Ramesh Mandala, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Ramesh Mandala

Ramesh Mandala Junior Member

Hi All,

I have published RDP application from the Parallels RAS server and allowed to redirect the local Resources and Drives in policy and in parallels client as well.
    But when I connected to one of my servers using published RDP application I can only see the Parallels RAS server's resources and drives but not from the device where I logged in.
    Then, when I log in to VDI desktop and Session-based desktop I can see my local resources and Drives as well.
    I tried making changes in policies and GPO settings but no change What I can do to access the same thing from the RDP application.

Appreciate your Quick help on this.

2. jpc

jpc Pro

@Ramesh Mandala: Which server and client OSes are you using?
    Since you can see your local drives when using a non-RAS connection, I would think GPO is setup correctly. Which client did you use to test that scenario, mstsc?

Please note that if have more than one RAS policy, make sure that the one you want to be applied is at the top of the list. Currently only the first matching policy is applied. If it is possible, for testing purposes I would disable all policies and check again. Maybe it is a RAS policy issue.

3. Ramesh Mandala

Ramesh Mandala Junior Member

in Windows 10 PC i installed parallels Client to connect my RAS farm.
    I connected to the RAS server and click on Remote Desktop Server Client application Icon published from RAS server, i connected to Windows 2016 server. once i login i can see RAS server's Local Drives and resources but not My Windows PC local Drives.
    The same way I have published Windows 10 VDI desktop and accessed the VDI desktop using Parallels Client, here I can see my PC local drives.
    Finally, i am getting RDP session from both connections. How can I access the drives from the PC and why I can't access the local resources from RDP client.

RDP issue.PNG

4. jpc

jpc Pro

@Ramesh Mandala: From the icon, the "Remote Desktop Server Client" application looks like remotely published mstsc (which looks to me as an unusual scenario which could be solved in a different manner).

Anyway, since the "published mstsc" has its own settings for drive redirection, I would suggest to make sure that drive redirection is enabled within it.

upload_2018-3-13_13-53-8.png