License Key is not where it says it should be...

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by EmbracingA, May 24, 2017.

1. EmbracingA

EmbracingA Bit poster

I just purchased Parallels Desktop for Mac Business Edition. In order to activate the Parallels Desktop I'm required to insert go to Subscriptions and Licenses and register a license key. I've registered a business account and then followed the instructions to find the license key on my iMac computer. There seems to be no license key on my iMac to use. Is anyone able to assist with this process?

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

You will not find a newly purchased activation key from the Mac. We have checked and found that the activation key is registered under your account. Let us know if you like us to check anything else.

3. BryanD2

BryanD2 Bit poster

I have a similar problem in trying to find the activation key number on this iMac. I have purchased 2 x Parallels Desktop 12. One is in use on this iMac and the other no longer in use. I have purchased a MacBook Pro and wish to use the second (not in use) copy on the new MacBook. To avoid screwing this iMac up I am trying to find the activation key number. One was an upgrade at £34.99 the other a full version at £64.99. Any advice would be appreciated as I don't really want to buy a third copy when I have one unused. I have the two activation codes showing in my account but not sure of which one I am use :) Many thanks Bryan Downes

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi BryanD2,
    Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac Upgrade license is active on a host named "iMac". Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac full license is active on a host named "Bryan's iMac".

5. BryanD2

BryanD2 Bit poster

Many thanks, Having dug further I find that the upgrade 8PKRE6 is currently in use on the new iMac i5 this one. The full version, ending SSH9NW has not been used since installing on the old iMac but never used. Unfortunately I am unable to deactivate the old one as no longer held so will install SSH9NW onto the MacBook Pro and . hopefully, follow screen notifications to activate. I gather Parallels team will deactivate the old installation which is good for me.

Many thanks for your advice.

(My apologies for this duplicate post)

Bryan

6. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

We believe your query is answered here.