Keyboard Language

Discussion in 'Accessing your PC' started by ValckenierK, Mar 23, 2017.

1. ValckenierK

ValckenierK Bit poster

Hello,

How can I change the Keyboard Language? If I connect with WebClient and use a Windows 10 Agent, the Language will be set to English, but the Windows 10 and the WebClient are on a German System. I have nothing found to change this setting.

The WebClient I have testet on a macOSX, Windows 7, Windows 10. The Remote System are Windows 10 and a macOSX. All combination has the same problem.

Any Ideas?

And I have open a support Ticket during test phase. but I don't know where I can find it and I have no answer become.

Regards Sascha

2. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi Sascha. When accessing a remote computer over Parallels Access web console, the language of the host machine's keyboard would be the one adopted over the connection. To get the desired language on the remote machine, the language of the host machine's keyboard must be changed accordingly. Your query is entirely related to the host machine's language system/settings.

3. ValckenierK

ValckenierK Bit poster

Hi Memnath, every machines are setup with german keyboard. If i open the WebConsole on Windows 7 Host with german keyboard and connect via parallels access to a windows 10 with german keyboard setting, the transfered keys are english and not german. The same with mac OS as Remote System. And the same, if i use the Windows 10 System (the System bevor tryed as Parallels Access Remote) with WebClient to access the Windows 7 and macOS as Remote System.

How i can set the Language for the WebConsole?

4. Hemnath@Parallels

On this Windows 7 machine, what is the language used on the system (not keyboard)? English or German?

5. ValckenierK

ValckenierK Bit poster

On every Systems are German Keyboard and Language Settings.

6. Hemnath@Parallels

For now, let's just focus on your Windows 7 and Windows 10 computers. Let's try this: Remove Parallels Access completely by following this article on both your Windows 7 and Windows 10 machines. Then, restart both the computers. And then, reinstall Parallels Access agent on just the Windows 10 computer by following the instructions in this article under 'on a PC'. Finally, please take a remote access to your Windows 10 PC from the Windows 7 machine and check for the issue again.

7. ValckenierK

ValckenierK Bit poster

Okay. here any new Information. I must buy first a abo, the testphase was over.
    Now the new information. i have one mistake. It's not German vs English Keyboard. It's a another keybindungs on every machine.
    Windows 7 to Windows 10, Windows 7 to macOS has the same Keybindings.
    macos to Windows 10 has a Little better Keybindings.

All keybindings are not useable. The normal Alphabet and Numbers are not the Problem. The Problem are in Specialchars like "|<>,.;:-_#'~^°" and german specia char "ae", "AE", "ue", "UE", "oe", "OE" and "ss". The right german Special char i can't write here, i have tryed a typical description.

Example Keybindings, i will post, will not accepted from the forumsoftware. "|", i have not found on the keybindings.
    This is a Horror. Give it a solution for this?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  8. Hemnath@Parallels

Which computer do you access from which computer when you are unable to use the special characters?

9. ValckenierK

ValckenierK Bit poster

Windows 7 to mac, the special chars are on Keyboard does not output the right char, the same from Windows 7 to windows 10. Mac to Windows 10, the a little better any special chars are okay, but not all. The Mac and the Windows 10 are the Remote Systems. The Windows 7 and Mac are used to access the remote System. The Mac is the same Remote and Webaccess. The Windows 7 and Windows 10 are not the same System. Every System has German Language Settings and Keyboard settings.

Big differnts between keyboard and out are in the German special chars. If i press oe I become ue, if I press ss I become #, if I press "-" I become ss, as example.
    From Mac to Windows the German Specialchars ae,ue,oe are okay but ss not. Chars #+*;: as example not okay.

The Pipe Char I have current not found on any combinations.

10. Hemnath@Parallels

Can you please try these steps and let us know if they help?