Issue with server not configured for virtual machines.

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by PatrickG7, Feb 3, 2018.

1. PatrickG7

PatrickG7 Bit poster

I've been using Parallels to run Windows 10 on my MacBook Pro at work flawlessly for about a year now. I have one program the runs on Window that requires a license and every other month or so the license needs to be revalidated. Recently they changed their licensing server and now my license won't validate. I get an error saying, Back office server not configured for virtual machines. I've contacted their technical support and was told that "dual boots Mac's" aren't supported. it runs the program fine, better than a Windows PC actually. My question is, is there any way to setup my networking to make my computer look like an actual PC to the server?

2. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello PatrickG7. To help us understand the issue better, please take a screenshot of it and reply with the same.

3. PatrickG7

PatrickG7 Bit poster

4. Hemnath@Parallels

Thanks for that. Are you able to visit websites in general from within a Windows browser? If yes, then please shut Windows down, open the virtual machine configuration window, navigate to Hardware -> Network 1 and, for 'Source', and select 'Default Adapter' (under "Bridged Network:"). Then, close the window and check for the issue again.

5. PatrickG7

PatrickG7 Bit poster

Ok I made those changes and I still have the same message.

6. Hemnath@Parallels

Please reproduce the issue, generate a Problem Report ID while the error message is being displayed (very important) and reply with the report ID number. We'll then investigate further.

7. PatrickG7

PatrickG7 Bit poster

My Problem Report ID is 240024967

8. Hemnath@Parallels

Appreciate it. Please provide the exact name of the Windows program in question.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  9. PatrickG7

PatrickG7 Bit poster

The program generating that error message is called FDRS it's an abbreviation for Ford Diagnosis and Repair System, another program IDS uses the same licensing server it also has the same issue.

10. PatrickG7

PatrickG7 Bit poster

I take it there isn't a work around on my end. Looks like I'll have to get a Windows PC, I usually try to avoid that.

11. Hemnath@Parallels

Thank you.
    Did you ever try a complete reinstallation of the program in Windows? Please take a snapshot, remove the program completely, reboot Windows and install it from scratch. You might want to take the assistance of the program vendor in this regard.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  12. PatrickG7

PatrickG7 Bit poster

The program has been reinstalled and the vendor just says virtual machines aren't supported.

13. Hemnath@Parallels

Then I'm afraid virtual machines can only do so much concerning programs for which virtualized support has not been developed.