Issue starting Windows 10 on Parallels

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by allena1, Apr 11, 2018.

1. allena1

allena1 Bit poster

So, I have Paralells set up on a mac and my OS's like linux and specifically for this purrpose we will be concerned with windows 10.
    I have this setup on a 64GB memory card. Everything was fine for weeks+ then windows needed to do updates. it changed some settings like resolution but I changed them back, the windows 10 started normally otherwise.
    Now, I shut down windows 10, and when I try and start it by clicking play I get the message "There's not enough disk space available to start Windows 10" "Free up at least 4316mb on the hard disk that stores "windows 10" and try again"

Issue is, the 64GB drive that my Windows file that Parallels boots from has 15.64GB left, and the windos 10 pvm file is only 49GB. with me having 15.64GB on this hard drive and it being the only thing on the drive, why do I need to free up a little over 4GB to start the system, I clearly have over 15GB of space left on the drive.

2. Hi allena1. Please share few screenshots of the error message, storage location/file size of the '.pvm' file and the 'Storage' option from Apple logo -> About this Mac.