Is there a way to reset the activation count parallels toolbox

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by MarkH20, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made changes to the activation key. Try activating again and let us know if the issue persists.

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Glad to hear that the issue was resolved. Feel free to reach us anytime for support.

3. Pavel6

Pavel6 Bit poster

ΠΆ
    Now it works!) Thank you so much!)

4. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @Pavel6 , we are glad that your issue is resolved. Please reach us anytime for further assistance.

5. Dmitry@Parallels

Dmitry@Parallels Parallels Team

Hi Pavel, I've reset the activation count for your key. Please note that you might need to re-activate Parallels Desktop too.

6. JIM SYLVESTER

JIM SYLVESTER Bit poster

Same problem here...I evidently did not properly deactivate toolbox on old Macs that I no longer have as I too am getting this message when I try to activate toolbox in Mac and Windows with my current annual license.

Attached Files:

7. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have done necessary changes, try to reactivate again and update us if issues persist.

8. ChristopherR8

ChristopherR8 Bit poster

I am having this issue as well after I got my Mac back from a repair. this is the fourth repair I have had but I have had the same computer the whole time. Parallels toolbox is telling me that it has exceeded the limit though.

9. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Hello ChristopherR8, we have made few changes in the key settings, please reactivate with the same license key and keep us posted the results. Thanks!

10. FidelV

FidelV Bit poster

some months ago my hdd went dead, I had a backup and could restore most of my files and programs from it, but not Parallels Desktop, as I tried to use it, it ask me to active with my serial number, but as I write it refused to work due to the fact that Parallels thinks it is a different computer, which it is not, it just have a new SSD hard drive, so maybe you could guide me to reset the user count, as I need to use it on the same Mac, thanks in advance for your kindly attention.

fidelv

11. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello @FidelV ,
    We have made changes to the activation key . Please quit Parallels Desktop. Then, open Terminal (Finder > Go > Utilities > Terminal.app). Inside the Terminal window, enter the command 'prlsrvctl activate-license-online' (without the quotes) and hit 'Return'. Wait till the operation completes. Then, close Terminal and re-attempt the activation.
    Thanks

12. FidelV

FidelV Bit poster

Thanks a lot for your kindly attention Alfena , I'm just reinstalling my virtual Machine, Parallels accepted my Mac again :)

13. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @FidelV, you're welcome! Feel free to reach out anytime. We are here to help! Thanks!

14. PaulP10

PaulP10 Bit poster

Same kind of issue, but for Parallels Desktop 8, where I am being told it has been activated too many times. Same computer running Snow Leopard in a stable (unchangeable environment), but the damn Radeon video chips keep dying, so I'm on my 5th motherboard. Can't continue my research without this setup. How can I get the activations reset?

15. Arun@Parallels

Hi @PaulP10 , we have made the changes. Please try to activate now .

16. PaulP10

PaulP10 Bit poster

Thanks Arun. My Desktop 8 is now working again. Sorry for posting in the wrong forum, I thought I had clicked on the Desktop forum button, but happy with the outcome anyway.

17. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello @PaulP10 , glad to know it is working.
    Thanks

18. BjarneS

BjarneS Bit poster

New Mac and got this.:
    The license has been used to activate Parallels Toolbox on 3 different Macs. To activate Parallels Toolbox on this Mac, you must purchase an additional license.

I don't use the old one anymore and need to move the license to the new one. Parallels are working fine with the license key.

19. Arun@Parallels

Hi @BjarneS , we have made the necessary changes from our end. Please try to activate now and let us know if that works.

20. BjarneS

BjarneS Bit poster

It worked. Thx