Is there a way for VRAM to show up in the virtual machine?

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by L__, Mar 13, 2017.

1. L__

L__ Bit poster

I purchased parallels to run an older version of OSX(Lion) so that I could use an older program no longer supported on the newest OSX, however after I installed Lion on the VM, and I try to install the program, it states it cannot be installed because there is "0 VRM"... I have already read somewhere else that Mac does not have support to access the physical hosts actual memory. Is there any way around this issue?? I purchased parallels specifically to run this program...

2. rkulikov

rkulikov Parallels Developers

What exact old program you're talking about? And what the full error message is?

3. L__

L__ Bit poster

It's logic pro 9, when you first open the .dmg it runs through a check to see if the system requirements are up to par, such as VRAM, and it won't continue to install because it detects 0 VRAM in total. I apologize as I'm unable to attempt to install it currently to get the message, but essentially I was hoping to find a way around this. When I click on the 'About this Mac' link within Lion VM, it does have question marks next to where Processor and Memory stats are. I'm hoping there is a solution for this.

4. rkulikov

rkulikov Parallels Developers

0. Did you install Parallels Tools in Lion guest?
    1. Did you try to update Lion guest to the latest available version (smth. like 10.7.5)?
    2. Please, send us problem report: when Lion VM is running make its window active and in the Mac app menu bar goto Help -> Send Technical Data - and post ID here.