Installing Oracle on Parallels/Windows

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by DavidS32, Dec 27, 2016.

1. DavidS32

DavidS32 Junior Member

Mac OS Sierra
    Parallels 12
    Windows 10
    Oracle 12c

Has anyone been able to create a database after installing Oracle? I installed the software only. After checking the installation, I ran the Database Configuration Assistant and I get the same error many people get (ORA-12560). I have installed Oracle (same installation package) on a Windows 10 pc with no issues.

Some things I've noticed :

After installing Oracle, oracleserviceORCL is missing from services, had to add it manually.
    Listener and Oracle service are both running (stop/start works), but still can't create a DB
    diagnostic tools (i.e. lsnrctl, tnslsnr) don't finish (running them in CMD executes the tool but they don't finish, never get the C: prompt back), although the log files are populated. this is supposedly related to Perl library issues and newer Mac chipsets?

I am also in contact with Oracle support, and so far they have no ideas. They keep telling me my local user I used to install Oracle has been removed from the ORA_DBA group, which is incorrect (they seem to be guessing).

I really don't want to use a pc, but it works there. People are also having the same issues on VMWare and Virtual Box apparently. I've read all of the posts on the forum regarding this. Does anyone know the answer? Has anyone successfully created a DB?

2. DirkJ

DirkJ Bit poster

Hallo David,

have you new Information about Oracle12c / Windows 10 /Sierra?

3. DavidS32

DavidS32 Junior Member

I don't.