Installed Kali 2016.2 as client on to Parallels 12.1.3 (41532) on Macbook Pro MacOS Sierra 0.12.3

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by JohnP13, Jan 31, 2017.

1. JohnP13

JohnP13 Member

Hello,
    I've Installed Kali 2016.2 as client on to Parallels 12.1.3 (41532) running on a Macbook Pro MacOS Sierra 0.12.3, and when Kali goes to boot up, I get a black screen. I had installed it successfully, and was able to login, and then I selected to get the updates for an almost 1 year old cut.
    That took some time, let it rip, and after the updates, and reboot, I only get a black screen.
    I have tried to RESET, and SHUTDOWN (which has no effect), etc from the Parallels controls over that VM, but I get the same thing, a black screen when it comes to booting it.
    I get the same thing if I select a recovery option of previous instance of an install at early booting up screen.
    What can I do? Remove it and reinstall and not perform an update on old software packages?
    Many thanks

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  2. JohnP13

JohnP13 Member

Anyone, please let me know what other details I can share about this issue, Thanks

3. JohnP13

JohnP13 Member

Big bump here, anyone? Would sure like to know what to select to update Kali 2016.2 on Parallels 12, as taking in everything trashes the install and must remove the instance and start over again. There has to be a better way. Looking forward to feedback. Thanks

4. RainerS1

RainerS1 Member

Search the forum, I read somewhere that Kali is not supported... You are on your own... Maybe treating it as if it were Debian helps.