Installation trouble. File "common.cab" has an invalid digital signature

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Windows' started by SergeA1, Sep 5, 2017.

1. SergeA1

SergeA1 Bit poster

Installer "Parallels Toolbox for Windows" downloaded from "download.parallels.com/toolbox-win/v1/ParallelsToolbox-1.0.1-588.exe".
    OS: 64-bit Windows 7 Home Edition Service Pack 1 in Parallels Desktop 13.0.1 (42947) on macOS High Sierra 10.13 Beta (17A360a).
    I have the following problem when installing (see attachment). Click "OK" to roll back the installation.
    trouble.png

And why the installer "Parallels Toolbox for Windows" is not signed? Installer "Parallels Tools" is signed.
    notsigned.png

2. vitalb

vitalb Parallels Developers

Could you please find these files in Temp folder in explorer, open Properties for both files by right clicking and find Digital sugnatures tab? If so, please open certificate properties. Then send Report a problem from Parallels Desktop, please, and provide the number. This report will contain screenshot with all dialogs opened by you. Thank you.

3. SergeA1

SergeA1 Bit poster

I used Windows without connecting to the network. After running the "Parallels Toolbox for Windows" installer with the active network connection, both problems were solved. Probably the certificates were checked.

Is it necessary to send a Report? I have a snapshot with problems.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  4. vitalb

vitalb Parallels Developers

Hi, Serge,
    You are right. Old Windows 7 system doesn't know about actual root certificates. There are 2 possibility to get this info: 1. Connect to network. This case Windows will automatically update certificate info. 2. Manually install required root certificate. You need do it before installation because installer package itself is signed.