how to disable cut, copy, paste popups and flashing, blinking.

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by DavidF22, Apr 25, 2018.

1. DavidF22

DavidF22 Bit poster

I am relatively new to Parallels Access and use it to access a Windows 10 PC from my iPad Pro 12.9". When I am using Quicken or other apps PA frequently pops up a "cut, copy, paste" balloon in editable fields most of the time. It also frequently "flashes" or "blinks" the balloon. I realize this "auto-select" feature might be by design, but is mostly very annoying in my use and gets in the way. Can I disable this feature?

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @DavidF22 , please take short video clip explaining the issue and post it here, so that we can check and help you out.

3. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @DavidF22 , Is it happening when you try to use one particular browsers or all the browsers?

4. DavidF22

DavidF22 Bit poster

Yes, and no. I think it has to do with each applications tendency to auto select text. Some do and some don't. For example if I start typing in the chrome browser address/search field it will in some cases auto select text and place it in a "blue selection". Start typing "This is a test of the emergency broadcast system" in Chrome. As you type Chrome guesses what you are going to type and as you are typing autoselects the "guessed" text and displays it in a blue bar. In the host computer all you see is the blue bar of text. But Parallels Access automatically pops up the copy, paste, balloon. For example Word typically does NOT auto select, but when you manually select some text it shows in a blue bar. In the host computer you see a blue bar only. On the remote iPad Parallels Access pops up the copy, cut paste, balloon. In the case of Quicken it is more annoying and intrusive because the auto select and the balloon flashes. Can the feature of automatically popping up the balloon be turned off or changed in Parallels Access?