how to deactivate my Parallel Desktop license key and transfer to my new Mac

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by FabCafeT, Jan 17, 2017.

1. zhaoda

zhaoda Bit poster

Hello , I have the same problem. I've migrating my old Mac to a new one, and sign out license from Old mac. While activating on new mac, the error massage "you have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key" came out. I need you help to reset this key so I can activate it on my new computer.

thanks

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @zhaoda, we've made few changes in the key settings, please reactivate with the same license key and keep us posted the results. Thanks!

3. AegisI

AegisI Member

Is there an great way to have you people disable a certificate, i am having the same problem i finalized out and removed Commonalities 11 from old mac and tried setting up on new mac.

4. ChengchengD

ChengchengD Bit poster

I have the same problem, I got my mac replaced by Apple, now I can't activate my license. Please help me to reset my license!

5. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hi @ChengchengD, we have made few changes in the key settings, please reactivate with the same license key and keep us posted the results. Thanks!

6. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hi @AegisI, please provide the license in the private message and we can help!

7. JohnG18

JohnG18 Bit poster

I have replaced my old, increasingly unreliable iMac with a new one. I used Migration Assistant to move everything from my old iMac to the new one. Once I have satisfactorily re-registered all of my applications, I will erase the old hard drive before disposing of the old iMac. I signed out and uninstalled Parallels on the old iMac.

When I try to activate Parallels 10 on the new iMac, I get the message: "You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license."

I have searched the Forum to find a solution, but haven't found one that solves my particular problem.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  8. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @JohnG18, please quit Parallels Desktop now. Then, open Terminal (Finder > Go > Utilities > Terminal.app). Inside the Terminal window, enter the command 'prlsrvctl activate-license-online' (without the quotes) and hit 'Return'. Wait till the operation completes. Then, close Terminal and re-attempt the activation.

9. JohnG18

JohnG18 Bit poster

Thanks very much for that, Hemnath, it worked a treat. I don't use Windows for very much, thankfully, but I'd be a little lost without Parallels in an all-Mac household.

Thanks again,
    John

10. Hemnath@Parallels

You're welcome. Glad to assist you. Please let us know if you have any additional queries.

11. christiank7

christiank7 Bit poster

Hello,

same problem here. I replaced my old Mac (OS X Sierra) with a new one, used the Migration Assistant. Works fine, except Parallels.
    When I try to activate Parallels 10 on the new iMac, I get the message: "You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license."

The Terminal solution (prlsrvctl activate-license-online) does not work, I get the same message (you have reached the maximum...)

What can I do?

12. Hemnath@Parallels

Hello @christiank7.
    Please repeat this step now after quitting Parallels Desktop application and then retry the activation.

13. christiank7

christiank7 Bit poster

Thank you! It works.

14. Hemnath@Parallels

Glad to hear that, and you're welcome!

15. TaehoJ

TaehoJ Bit poster

I have the same problem with parallels 10 and posted this on somewhere else. Someone from parallels replied that they had made changes to my license but still I can't activate it from a new mac. Could you help me out?

16. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are glad that the issue is resolved now.

17. Marcus4

Marcus4 Bit poster

Appreciate someone could help me here.. Pretty urgent. Thanks!

18. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made the necessary change, please try to activate the Parallels Desktop again.

19. MauriceM1

MauriceM1 Bit poster

Hi Parrallels support.
    We have moved our parallels to new machines and we get the activation limit error. We have 2 licenses. One is activated but the second license gives the error. Can you reset please
    Maurice

20. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We see that you have got free upgrade to Parallels Desktop 11 which is not yet used. You can use them or Parallels Desktop 10 as we have made necessary changes.