How to create shortcuts in folders on Desktop.

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for Windows' started by KazuyukiK2, Nov 9, 2017.

1. KazuyukiK2

KazuyukiK2 Bit Poster

Hi there.
    I am planing to migrate from XenApp v6.5 to Parallels RAS v16 and examining the differences between them.
    I want to know whether or not I can create shortcuts in folders on Windows Desktop when I use Parallels Client(Windows),
    and whether or not I can create such shortcuts automatically after I make connections to RAS servers via Parallels Client.

I am pleased if you can reply to me.

---I am using below---
    1. Parallels RAS v16.0
    2. Parallels Client(Windows) 64bit v16.1

2. KazuyukiK2

KazuyukiK2 Bit Poster

As to the above matter, I found the solution.
    I understood that I can create shortcuts on Desktop automatically by changing a default setting related with shortcuts on a RAS server.
    I also understood that shortcuts and folders are created on Start Menu Folder, though I want to create these folders on Desktop.
    I'm going to continue trial and error to create folders on Desktop.
    (by editting registry ?)

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  3. jpc

jpc Kilo Poster

Like you found out shortcuts can be created on the desktop by using (from the RAS console):
    "Publishing (Category)" > Published Resources > "name of published resource" > Shortcuts (tab) > "Create Shortcut on Desktop"
    Documentation: http://download.parallels.com/ras/v...-RAS-v16-Administrators-Guide/index.htm#39295

However I do not think that the folders can be created on the desktop in the same manner.
    Maybe you will need to add that as a feature suggestion.

4. KazuyukiK2

KazuyukiK2 Bit Poster

I am appreciating your kind response.
    If I have a chance, I will submit a feature suggestion.