How to Convert Windows 10 32-bit to 64-bit

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by AliceP, May 17, 2018.

1. AliceP

AliceP Bit poster

I use Parallels to run embroidery software in Windows 10. My VERY expensive programs now require 64 bit. I've seen suggestions on how to do so with an install disk, but Microsoft upgraded the virtual machine through the internet. Help! How can do this within Parallels without having to purchase Windows 10?

Alice

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Upgrading a 32 bit Windows to 64 bit without reinstalling Windows is not possible. Reinstallation of Windows will require an activation key. You can link your 32 bit Windows to your Microsoft account which will register your digital activation key with that account. Now you can create a new Windows 10 64 bit VM and activate it with your Microsoft Account.

3. AliceP

AliceP Bit poster

Thank you Ajith,
    Alice

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Feel free to reach out to us anytime for support.

5. DennisB

DennisB Bit poster

I have the same question. I understand I will have to reinstall Windows. What about the data other than the operating system? Will it be preserved the way MacOS updates run, or will it all be erased the way Windows has done in the past?

6. GowthamR@Parallels

GowthamR@Parallels Member

@DennisB Reinstallation of the Windows 64 bit is like a new installation. So, please make a back up of data which is in the Windows virtual machine and move to the new Windows 64 bit virtual machine.

7. akerdoc

akerdoc Junior Member

I know it is an old thread, but if anyone can help me with this, I would appreciate it. How do I link my 32 bit Windows to my Microsoft account? Is there a way to find the digital activation key? My Windows 10 is an upgrade from a Windows 7 VM.
    Thanks for any help

8. mano4

mano4

Hi, I want to install Microsoft picture manager on Windows 10, but showing error while installing. I need to use this software for my food menu blog. Can any one guide me to to install the way.

9. RockR1

RockR1