How do I save my Outlook offline data file to pst in my new laptop Windows Vista

Discussion in 'Accessing your PC' started by clerkk, Sep 15, 2017.

1. clerkk

clerkk

I have ost file from my old laptop, but I can't open it. Try many application - nothing. I have downloaded many Conversion tool but result was not satisfactory. Can somebody suggest me free technique convert ost to pst in my new laptop even after my email id is now closed.?
    Any advice or experience with this would be welcomed!

2. Maxj1

Maxj1

As you have said, this is for a new laptop? Since you don't have access to the email account that this is for? Have you any backup of ost file which you want to open on your new laptop. OST data is the cache file, which has stored locally (that's why you can't open it on another machine as it's specific to that individual profile on that individual machine). Free manual solution will only work if you still have the credential for the email account. You can set up the mailbox on your new laptop and once the outlook will be connected through Exchange it will re-create the local cache on your new laptop. If you are unable to do this and want to save Outlook offline data file to pst, then you can use OST to PST migration utility also.

3. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @Maxj1 , thank you for sharing this with us. We appreciate your time and participation.