How can I deactivate my Parallels Desktop 10 license

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by AleksandrV, Apr 29, 2017.

1. GerhardE1

GerhardE1 Bit poster

Hi,
    I have migrated to a new Mac and can't activate Parallels Desktop there (number of licences exhausted). My old Mac is completely reset/deleted.
    How can I deregister my licence key on the old computer in order to register on the new one (in my parallels account?)

2. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Hello GerhardE1, Please check your private message and provide us with the necessary details. Thanks!

3. Tamer1

Tamer1 Bit poster

I'm struggling to deactivate my license key so that I can install parallels on a new Mac. Can you help please.

4. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello @Tamer1 , we have made changes to the activation key . Please quit Parallels Desktop . Then, open Terminal (Finder > Go > Utilities > Terminal.app). Inside the Terminal window, enter the command 'prlsrvctl activate-license-online' (without the quotes) and hit 'Return'. Wait till the operation completes. Then, close Terminal and re-attempt the activation. Thanks

5. JaufretT

JaufretT Bit poster

Hello, I'm having a similar issue to the users above: changed mac, Parallels won't activate with my license key and I cannot deactivate the Parallels 10 license on the previous mac. Could you please help?
    Thank you!

6. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello @JaufretT , we have made changes to the activation key . Please quit Parallels Desktop . Then, open Terminal (Finder > Go > Utilities > Terminal.app). Inside the Terminal window, enter the command 'prlsrvctl activate-license-online' (without the quotes) and hit 'Return'. Wait till the operation completes. Then, close Terminal and re-attempt the activation. Thanks

7. JaufretT

JaufretT Bit poster

Great, it's working now! Thanks!

8. EberhardH

EberhardH Bit poster

Hi Ajith,
    I have similar Problem as Alexander.
    I have tried "2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online"
    but the answer was " ...activate the product first!"
    That does not help me, as activation is just what I am not allowed to do.
    Please, could you de-activate all possibly existing activations for my Parallels Desktop 11 abonnement?
    Then I should beable to register with my existing key on my new computer.
    Thank you.
    regards
    Eberhard

9. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made necessary changes to the activation key, try to activate again.

10. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are glad to hear that. Feel free to reach out to us anytime.

11. Wenhao

Wenhao Bit poster

Hello team,

I've encountered the same issue here and you tricks doesn't work. Seems you can reset my license from your end, right? Please help, thank you.

Failed to activate the license: Unable to confirm the product license. You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license.

BR/Wenhao

12. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made changes to the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

13. Wenhao

Wenhao Bit poster

Thanks, it worked!

14. PeterB24

PeterB24 Bit poster

Same problem for me. I can't activate parallels 10 after migration to another mac. I did the procedure in terminal as you described above without effect. Can you reset my license key please? Thanks in advance.

15. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are glad to hear that the issue is resolved.

16. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made changes to the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

17. MattD3

MattD3 Bit poster

I am having the same issue. I migrated from one Mac to a new one and now I can't activate, can you please work your magic on my license key to allow me to activate?

18. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello @MattD3 We have made the necessary changes, please try to activate now. Thanks, Shathish

19. WILLIAML13

WILLIAML13 Bit poster

I'm having the same problem with Parallels 10. The Terminal command returns the same error as everyone else, can you please reset my parallels 10 key?

Edited 01-22-18
    Anything? Still waiting on a response.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  20. WILLIAML13

WILLIAML13 Bit poster

Trying one more time. I migrate the entire computer to a new iMac. I need to deactivate the old install from an ancient iMac so I can use the original Parallels 10 on the new iMac, because it won't let me activate it on the new one. Running the command in terminal did not help. We are only required to use Windows in our all Mac office once in a great while, and soon won't need it at all, so I'd rather not have to purchase an upgrade.