How can I deactivate my Parallels Desktop 10 license

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by AleksandrV, Apr 29, 2017.

1. RonH46

RonH46 Bit poster

Same problem here, with license ending in QETJS0. I signed out of Parallels on my old laptop and getting the same error everyone else is getting when trying to activate on my new laptop. "prlsrvctl activate-license-online" didn't work either.

2. licenseI

licenseI Bit poster

same here i unable to activate license. Have try use the command on terminal did not solve my issue.

3. TobiasM4

TobiasM4 Bit poster

Hi!
    Thanks, but this didn't seem to do the trick. It still says that it can't activate the product. Any other ideas?

4. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello @licensel we have made changes to the activation key . Please quit Parallels Desktop . Then, open Terminal (Finder > Go > Utilities > Terminal.app). Inside the Terminal window, enter the command 'prlsrvctl activate-license-online' (without the quotes) and hit 'Return'. Wait till the operation completes. Then, close Terminal and re-attempt the activation. Thanks

5. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello @TobiasM4 , we have made changes to the activation key, Please reattempt activation and let us know if it works.
    Thanks

6. RonH46

RonH46 Bit poster

I followed your instructions and it didn't work. Maybe you made changes for someone else? You said:

Hello @licensel we have made changes to the activation key . Please quit Parallels Desktop . Then, open Terminal (Finder > Go > Utilities > Terminal.app). Inside the Terminal window, enter the command 'prlsrvctl activate-license-online' (without the quotes) and hit 'Return'. Wait till the operation completes. Then, close Terminal and re-attempt the activation. Thanks

I got:
    MBP15a-Ron:~ ronhicks$ prlsrvctl activate-license-online
    Failed to activate the license: Unable to confirm the product license. Please ac
    tivate the product first.

7. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Hello RonH46, please check your private message and provide us with the necessary details. Thanks!

8. SutheeK

SutheeK Bit poster

Hi, I was using my MBA but it was dead. So, I have to buy new MBP. I would like to install parallel desktop to my new MBP. How can I deactivate old license? Thank you!

9. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Hello SutheeK, please quit Parallels Desktop now. Then, open Terminal (Finder > Go > Utilities > Terminal). Inside the Terminal window, enter the command 'prlsrvctl activate-license-online' (without the quotes) and hit 'Return'. Wait till the operation completes. Then, close Terminal and re-attempt the activation.Thanks!

10. SutheeK

SutheeK Bit poster

It's working now. Thanks a lot!

11. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

You're welcome. Glad to know that you were able to sort out the issue. Please get back to us for any further queries. Thanks!

12. JedG

JedG Bit poster

Hi, I quit parallels and tried the terminal thing and it tells me:
    Failed to activate the license: Unable to confirm the product license. You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license.

I have Parallels 11 (upgrade), but I didn't see a download link for that. So I am trying to at least get 10 installed. Help?

13. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Hello JedG, we have made few changes in the key settings, (Parallels Desktop version 10 and version 11)please reactivate with the same license key and keep us posted the results.The download link for Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac is http://www.parallels.com/directdownload/pd11 To know how to install Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac, please refer this article and see if this helps. Thanks!

14. fabrizioc2

fabrizioc2 Bit poster

Well I've the same problem.
    I'm installing parallels 10 to my new iMac, But I can't activate license. Even if I use the terminal.
    Can you exactly explain in witch way I can de-activate license in my old iMac? I tried following steps on parallels kb but I have no way to see my email or my account in parallels desktop. I've 10.4 Parallels Desktop.

15. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Hello fabrizioc2, we have made few changes to your license key. Please quit Parallels Desktop now. Then, open Terminal (Finder > Go > Utilities > Terminal). Inside the Terminal window, enter the command 'prlsrvctl activate-license-online' (without the quotes) and hit 'Return'. Wait till the operation completes. Then, close Terminal and re-attempt the activation.Thanks!

16. CeciliaC

CeciliaC Bit poster

HI,
    I have several licenses of parallels 12, but I want to deactivate 3 of my licenses to install on other computers / users But when I try to enter the "key" in the other users it shows the message The license has another user. How do I remove my licenses from parallels?

17. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello @CeciliaC , please check your private message and provide us the necessary information.
    Thanks

18. fabrizioc2

fabrizioc2 Bit poster

Great, thank you!!!

19. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello @fabrizioc2 , You're welcome, we are always here to help.
    Thanks

20. KirillM1

KirillM1 Bit poster

Cannot deactivate my Parallels 10 for Mac license to move to another Mac. Please help.