Email confirmation problem

Discussion in 'Accessing your PC' started by john7237934, Jan 9, 2017.

1. john7237934

john7237934 Bit poster

Login now requires email confirmation. But my email, for security reasons, is only accessible from the computer I'm trying to remotely login into. Is there any way to resolve this Catch 22 problem?

Simon6 likes this.
  2. john7237934

john7237934 Bit poster

This is not related to license or activation. This is email confirmation that is now required for each login from a new IP. As I'm logging in from my work, so my IP changes every time I'm trying to log in.

3. Simon6

Simon6 Bit poster

I have same problem - I tweeted @parallelsCares and got this reply: Hi-plz authorize the web browser from the link sent through an email for security reason to continue.
    Is there a way to disable this or send mail to an alternative address that I can access via webmail?

4. Guys, could you please provide us with the screenshot of this error message?
    We will be glad to help you with this issue.

5. Simon6

Simon6 Bit poster

Hi Maria,
    It's not an error, just the way of authorizing:
    upload_2017-2-8_9-17-25.png
    This becomes a problem if you are using parallels to connect to your remote computer to check your emails.
    If I try to change the email address on my account from "Profile" (from an authorized browser) I get the following error:
    upload_2017-2-8_9-22-30.png

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  6. Simon6

Simon6 Bit poster

That atricle states:
    - Chrome v.14 and higher
    - Firefox v.6 and higher

I am using both Chrome (Version 56) and Firefox (version51), so the answer is yes.
    This is made worse by the fact that if I do authorise a browser then that browser gets updated (happens quite often these days) then I have to authorise again before I can gain access to my PC.

I have also sold Parallels Access to a few of my clients for remote support purposes and it is turning into a nightmare as I cannot access their computers when my browsers get updated - real funny when their problem is email related!

We either need an option to change the email address or turn the email confirmations off, or maybe use SMS as an option.

7. Simon6

Simon6 Bit poster

I also get this when trying to add another client to my account - can't even get to download the client program.

8. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Do you still experience issue with changing the e-mail address in your Parallels account?

9. Simon6

Simon6 Bit poster

I can now change the email address, but would have needed to change the address in my enabled computers. I got round this personally by adding a mail forwarding rule on my mail server to forward Parallels mails to my mobile phone email account, so I can authorise from that.
    Obviously I cannot do this for all my customers accounts and have since found alternative remote access software to recommend to them.
    Thanks,
    Simon.

10. AegisI

AegisI Member

This is not relevant to certificate or initial. This is e-mail verification that is now needed for each sign in from a new IP. As I'm signing in from my perform, so my IP changes whenever I'm trying to log in.