Duplicate Icons after Update to Version 1.7.0 (1026)

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by LotharS1, Aug 3, 2017.

1. LotharS1

LotharS1 Bit poster

Hello,

I just updated to Version 1.7.0 (1026) - german. There are a lot of duplicate icons in the library (not in favorites).
    How do I get rid of them?
    Duplicate Icons for: Archive / Unpack, Alarm / Date counter / Stop watch / Timer, Launch, Download video, Convert video

Thanks in advance for your reply. Kind regards,

Lothar Schaberg

2. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

Hello,

Check out your /Applications directory. If there is "Parallels Toolbox Tools" directory then you need to delete it and restart Parallels Toolbox application.
    Be careful - don't delete 'Parallels Toolbox.app' itself.

3. LotharS1

LotharS1 Bit poster

Hello,

thank you for your reply, but there is no such directory - I already checked that before my post. There is only 'Parallels Toolbox.app' inside the /Applications directory.
    What else can now be done to solve the issue?

4. sergk

1) Please launch both of duplicates of one of your tools (lets do it with "Stopwatch" tool)
    2) You should see two icons of "Stopwatch" application in the Dock.
    3) For both icons call contextual menu (right click) --> Options --> Show in Finder.
    4) Post here path where both of applications is located

5. LotharS1

LotharS1 Bit poster

Hello,

thanks for your reply and the suggestion. To clarify the effect: Only one icon of the respective duplicate icon actually launches a tool; clicking the other icon does nothing at all. I checked the path for two of the tools with duplicate entries. Both are located under "Macintosh HD/Applications/Parallels Toolbox.app/Contents/Applications".
    So I think that there is a problem with the display of some tools, not with really duplicate files (tool apps).
    Any more ideas? Thanks in advance.

6. sergk

Try this:
    1) Quit from Parallels Toolbox
    2) in "Terminal" application run this command: "rm -rf ~/Library/Application\ Support/com.parallels.toolbox"
    Note that after this command some Toolbox preferences will be lost (for example, list of Favorites tools)
    3) Launch Parallels Toolbox

Let me know about the result.

7. LotharS1

LotharS1 Bit poster

Hello,

thanks for your reply and suggestion. Now this problem is solved.
    But another (small) problem has appeared now. When I open the "Archive" folder in Parallels toolbox, there a three entries, where there should only be two.
    The first one is called "Archive" and nothing happens, when I click it. The two other are german entries, as expected ("Archivieren" and "Entpacken"). Both are functional. This behavior can only be seen in the "Archive" section. All other entries work as expected.

8. sergk

Type 'Archive' in Spotlight - how many instances of Archive tools are found? One or two?
    If two then press and hold Cmd button and double click on both instances - they will be opened in Finder. Post here both pathes.

9. LotharS1

LotharS1 Bit poster

There is only one app: "Macintosh HD/Applications/Parallels Toolbox.app/Contents/Applications/Archivieren.app". This app is labeled in german language; the non-functional icon is labeled in english (Archive).