Difference After Upgrade to 12.0.0

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by MartinB3, Aug 22, 2016.

1. MartinB3

MartinB3 Junior Member

I upgraded my Parallels desktop from 11 to 12.0.0. I run my Windows apps to start in Coherence. Under version 11 When I started the first Windows app I would not see the Parallels Control Center at all. It would start the spinning wheel and then I would see nothing until the sign into Windows appeared. After the app is running the only thing I saw on the dock was windows and the app I started. I did not see the Parallels Control Center.

Under version 12, I see the control Center on my desktop and have to minimize it. I've looked in multiple places to see how to start it minimmized but can not find the setting.

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hello MartinB3, please be informed that Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac Hotfix 1 (12.0.1-41296) was released and the issue has been addressed. Please update Parallels Desktop to the latest build http://kb.parallels.com/123948 Latest version always available here: www.parallels.com/directdownload/pd12 Please note that Parallels Tools also needs to be updated (Actions > Update Parallels Tools) and let us know how it works. Thanks!

3. MartinB3

MartinB3 Junior Member

I upgraded both Parallels and tools to version 12.1

Well unless I haven't set a setting correctly, the Parallels control panel pops up when I startup a windows application. The the Windows application covers up the control panel. When I quit the Windows application the Parallels control panel is on the Mac desktop and the dock.

Under version 11 I used to see only Windows 10 on the dock when I quit the Windows application. I never saw the Parallels control panel unless I clicked on view. I tried setting Parallels to start in the background but that does not help.

4. RalphH2

RalphH2 Junior Member

same here

5. MartinB3

MartinB3 Junior Member

The last update 12.02 corrected the problems.

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  6. dyttop

dyttop Bit poster

I have found the best game spider solitaire its really awesome website .i play this game its really very entertaining game if you want to play this game free online spider solitaire than visit here..