connection via local network

Discussion in 'Accessing your PC' started by ThomasS6, Nov 2, 2015.

1. ThomasS6

ThomasS6 Bit poster

Hello,

is it possible to connect to the pc over parallels access via local network or does it only works via internet.
    In some cases the internet connection is so slow, that the remote access is also slow.

Thanks for you answer.

Best regards
    Thomas

2. Elizabeth Anderson

Elizabeth Anderson Member

Yes, it is possible and it really works great when accessing your desktop from a smartphone or tablet, providing a more touch-optimized interface.

3. ThomasS6

ThomasS6 Bit poster

Ah.OK.
    Can you please tell me, where i can configure this? I didn't found such an adjustment.
    Thanks for you help!

4. Elizabeth Anderson

Elizabeth Anderson Member

5. ManojK@Parallels

ManojK@Parallels Parallels Support

We believe the question was misunderstood. It is not possible to use Parallels Access without internet as we need continuous authentication of your account from our server though your account.

6. DejanV

DejanV Bit poster

But is it possible to use local WiFi network for remote access (between iPad Pro and iMac) and internet connection ONLY for Parallels authentication. Than slow interent connection will not influence local remote control performance.

Thanks and greetings from Holland!
    Dejan

7. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

It is not possible to use only internet for authentication. Each actions you do on the host device will be sent through the Parallels Access server to remote device.