Configuration Item for Software Update Management

Discussion in 'Parallels Mac Management for Microsoft SCCM' started by ParallelsU61, Mar 30, 2017.

1. ParallelsU61

ParallelsU61 Bit poster

Hi.
    I think I have followed carefully the documentation but the Configuration item I've added to my Baseline doesn't execute the scripts.

catalog_mode_discovery_script.sh
    #! /bin/bash
    PLIST="/Library/Preferences/com.parallels.pma.agent.plist"
    MODE=$(/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Print :SuCatalogMode" $PLIST 2>/dev/null)
    if [ $? != 0 ]; then
    MODE=0
    fi
    echo $MODE

catalog_mode_remediation_script.sh
    #! /bin/bash -s -
    PLIST="/Library/Preferences/com.parallels.pma.agent.plist"
    MODE=2
    /usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Delete :SuCatalogMode" $PLIST 2>&1
    /usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Add :SuCatalogMode integer $MODE" $PLIST

The 2 scripts have been tested locally and they work. All the other items of the Baseline (Configuration Profiles) are installed.

The only log I have on the client is relative to another preference :
    03-30 18:02:01.309 I /PrlCommonUtils:74:307/ Executed command : /usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c Print :CatalogURL /Library/Preferences/com.apple.SoftwareUpdate.plist
    03-30 18:02:01.314 F /PrlCommonUtils:74:307/ Command '/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c Print :CatalogURL /Library/Preferences/com.apple.SoftwareUpdate.plist' failed.
    03-30 18:02:07.369 I /PrlCommonUtils:74:307/ Executed command : /usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c Print :CatalogURL /Library/Preferences/com.apple.SoftwareUpdate.plist
    03-30 18:02:07.373 F /PrlCommonUtils:74:307/ Command '/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c Print :CatalogURL /Library/Preferences/com.apple.SoftwareUpdate.plist' failed.
    03-30 19:09:18.461 I /PrlCommonUtils:74:307/ Executed command : /usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c Print :CatalogURL /Library/Preferences/com.apple.SoftwareUpdate.plist
    03-30 19:09:18.465 F /PrlCommonUtils:74:307/ Command '/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c Print :CatalogURL /Library/Preferences/com.apple.SoftwareUpdate.plist' failed.
    03-30 19:09:24.531 I /PrlCommonUtils:74:307/ Executed command : /usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c Print :CatalogURL /Library/Preferences/com.apple.SoftwareUpdate.plist
    03-30 19:09:24.534 F /PrlCommonUtils:74:307/ Command '/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c Print :CatalogURL /Library/Preferences/com.apple.SoftwareUpdate.plist' failed.

There's nothing in the pma_agent.log relative to the com.parallels.pma.agent.plist file.

Best regards.

Screen Shot 2017-03-30 at 19.20.48.png Screen Shot 2017-03-30 at 19.21.03.png

2. Evgeny Smirnov

Evgeny Smirnov Parallels Developers

Hello,
    Attached log messages are not related to script configuration items. We need to be sure that the Baseline was evaluated on the Mac.
    Please do the following:
    • Add your Configuration Item to another new baseline and deploy to the Mac.
    • On Mac click Connect button in System Preferences pane for Parallels Mac Client. It should say that there is new policies received. Do it several times, to make sure that all policy updates are received. Examine pma_agent.log to check that Configuration Item was procesed. This may take some time.
    • Collect Problem Reports (from Mac and Proxy) and submit a support ticket.

3. ParallelsU61

ParallelsU61 Bit poster

Hi. OK. We are going to do that and I will look at the documentation to learn how correctly get the logs from the Mac and the Proxy to open a ticket. See you.