Column to see the name of the published application in active RD sessions page

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server Feature Suggestions' started by GraspS, May 2, 2018.

1. GraspS

GraspS Junior Member

It would be really helpful to see the name of the actual name of the published application (next to the 'type' column) that was launched in the Sessions tab under RD Session Hosts in the RAS management console.

MichaelD52 likes this.
  2. Alexey Kutuzov

Alexey Kutuzov Parallels Team

Dear Grasps,
    Sessions tab shows sessions. We discussed similar request and postpone it due to it requires to show 10 items for the session in the console for a user who launched 10 apps.
    Currently it is possible to to see the actual name of the published application via RD Session Hosts -> Sessions -> select a session -> right click -> Show processes
    In the bottom you will find that by default these steps lead to a list of processes in the session (also possible for a server or all servers).
    Every launched app in this list has #ID whereas other processes launched by OS don't.

3. GraspS

GraspS Junior Member

Thanks Alexey. Your response was helpful. However, the ability to quickly see what published applications each user requested at a glance in a column would still be very helpful. I'm sure you all are aware that Citrix has this display. I have heard from my helpdesk team that it is one of the biggest items that they miss from the Citrix console. Thanks!

4. Alexey Kutuzov

You are welcome.
    Citrix uses several records in this case and for two applications they have something like:
    ica-tcp#10 sessionID 2 notepad
    ica-tcp#10 sessionID 2 wordpad

For the case with 5 application in session it leads to 5 records and get worse if the # of apps even bigger.

Is this OK for you?

5. GraspS

GraspS Junior Member

Yes, that is what I am requesting. It would help us to quickly see which published application the user launched.

Attached is an example of how we cannot easily tell which published application was launched by the user by its exe name. We have many users who launch different versions/editions of the same commercial application, and the design of the application uses the same exe name. Our preference would be similar to the way Citrix displays the launched applications instead of needing the additional mouse clicks. Thanks for your consideration.

Attached Files:

6. Alexey Kutuzov

To mitigate your issue RAS has
    1) App ID# has been added in 15.5-Update2 for designating different published items with similar exe name.
    2) "Running instances" has been introduced in v16.0 which can be launched per published item. The you can see all users who run the app right away

7. Eugene. K.

Eugene. K. Parallels Team

I'm happy to announce that information about running published resources was added in the Parallels RAS v18.1 release.
    Bot RAS Console and RAS Management Portal for this functionality.
    For more info please refer to:
    https://download.parallels.com/ras/v18/docs/en_US/Parallels-RAS-18-Administrators-Guide/
    https://download.parallels.com/ras/v18/docs/en_US/Parallels-RAS-18-Management-Portal-Guide/46872.htm
    v18.1 binaries are available in MyAccount (https://my.parallels.com/downloads?product=ras) and the Downloads page on parallels.com

8. GraspS

GraspS Junior Member

Fantastic, I can't wait to check it out! Thank you