Cmd/WinKey when using parallels access web console

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by GregoryP3, Dec 30, 2016.

1. GregoryP3

GregoryP3 Bit poster

Hello,
    I searched around the forum but didn't find anything specifically related to this (rather some keyboard mapping issues for other languages). It seems I am unable to send or map "apple command" keys to my mac remotely when accessing from a windows PC through the web browser. I imagine this is complicated by the fact that using the "windows key" -- the analog I would expect to map from PC to the Mac's command/clover key -- is intercepted by the windows operating system display the windows start menu. I do not see onscreen keyboard or relevant shortcut option either (closest being "command +Q")

Does anyone have any insights into how I might be able to send command key strokes through the web browser console? This would greatly improve my experience with remotely using text editors and development IDEs.

used a windows 7 PC running firefox to remotely access OS X 12.11.6 running parallels access 3.1.6 (parallels desktop 12.1.1)

2. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

3. Karthik@Parallels

Karthik@Parallels Member

@GregoryP3 Hi there! Any updates on the issue? If you do, please let us know.