Chromium OS VM does not download (Parallels 12)

Discussion in 'Other Virtual machines' started by MurrayE, May 17, 2017.

1. MurrayE

MurrayE Junior Member

In Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac (Pro Edition), version 12.2.0, under macOS Sierra 10.12.5, I cannot seem to download a Chromium OS virtual machine to use as a guest.

From the main Parallels Desktop menu, I select File > New, and at the bottom of the Parallels Wizard window that opens click on "Download Chromium OS" and click Continue. In the resulting "Chromium OS Free" window, I click Download. The window disappears and that's all. I don't see any indication of downloading, and I don't find any file that seems to be the download, even after waiting 30 minutes.

What's wrong? And in what location should the download appear?

2. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello @MurrayE. Let us first remove Parallels Desktop completely and reinstall it. Please quit Parallels Desktop. Then, open Terminal (Finder > Go > Utilities > Terminal.app). Inside the Terminal window, please execute the commands below one-by-one:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    sudo su

NOTE: You will be prompted to enter your Mac password after executing the first command. Due to security measures you won't be able to see the password itself, just type it in and hit return/Enter.

rm -rfd /System/Library/Extensions/prl*

rm -rfd ~/Library/Preferences/com.parallels*

rm -rfd ~/Library/Preferences/parallels

rm -rfd ~/Library/Parallels

rm -rfd ~/Library/Saved\ Application\ State/com.parallels.desktop.console.savedState

rm -rfd /Library/logs/parallels.log

rm -rfd /Library/Preferences/Parallels/

rm -rfd /private/var/db/Parallels/

rm -rfd /private/var/.parallels_swap

rm -rfd /private/var/db/receipts/'com.parallels*'

rm -rfd /private/var/db/Parallels/Stats

rm -rfd /private/var/root/library/preferences/com.parallels.desktop.plist

rm -rfd ~/Applications\ \(Parallels\)/

rm -rfd /Applications/Parallels\ Desktop.app/

exit
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Close Terminal. Then, please open Disk utility (Finder > Go > Utilities > Disk Utility.app), run 'First Aid' and reboot the Mac. Finally, please download and install Parallels Desktop 12 and then check for the issue again.