Can't turn off Do Not Sleep in 2.5.1

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by MikeD10, Mar 9, 2018.

1. MikeD10

MikeD10 Bit poster

Hi
    Since upgrading to parallels toolbox 2.5.1, I can not de-activate the Do Not Sleep mode.
    Using macOS 10.13.3, on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015).
    I have the same problem on my other MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013, macOS 10.13.3)
    Any ideas on why?
    Thanks.

2. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

Hi Mike,
    can you please explain your problem in details:

- how are you deactivating Do Not Sleep? Using Toolbox Window or may be you launch Do Not Sleep by other way (Launchpad, Dock icon, etc.)?
    - does Toolbox show that Do Not Sleep is active?
    - what happening after deactivating Do Not Sleep? Any error, messages, or may be nothing?
    - have you checked that macOS is really prevented from sleep?
    - please open 'Activity Monitor' and find process named 'Do Not Sleep' (name can be in other language if you're not using English user interface). Does process exist?

3. MikeD10

MikeD10 Bit poster

Hi
    I ended up solving this via support with the help of Sathiya.
    Her advice:
    I should've just tried that myself first.
    Anyhow, in case you're interested in the answers to your questions, because it was a bit odd compared to what I'd experienced using that feature previously:
    1. I was deactivating Do Not Sleep using the Toolbox Window.
    2. Yes, toolbox showed that Do Not Sleep was active - both in the favourites area and below in the list of applications.
    3. After clicking on the icon to deactivate Do Not Sleep, there was no message at all - no error message, and no confirmation message that my computer is not prevented from entering sleep mode.
    4. Yes, the system really was prevented from going to sleep. Otherwise I wouldn't have posted here :)
    5. Yes, Do Not Sleep process was running
    Anyhow, the problem has gone now, so it'll make further diagnosing difficult. Hopefully posting this with the obvious first thing to try will help anyone else who has the same issue.

Attached Files:

4. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

Glad to hear that your problem have gone.
    Anyway, last question from me - had you tried to restart your mac when you was fighting with Do Not Sleep? The fact that reinstalling Parallels Toolbox had helped you can mean that Do Not Sleep tool just hanged.