Can't convert virtualbox-vm with parallels Desktop 12

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ThorstenS5, Sep 22, 2017.

1. ThorstenS5

ThorstenS5 Bit poster

I have an old virtualbox-vm with windows 7 (virtualbox-Version:Version 5.1.28 r117968) and want to use it with parallels desktop 12, but I got an error, when I open the file and parallels starts to convert the vm. I followed the instruction from this post http://kb.parallels.com/de/122851 . The error-message is in German (it's not allowed to post a German sentence in this post) and it means "parallels does not support the format or this type of virtual machine".
    Can anyone help me?

P.S.: It was an old parallels-vm which was converted to virtualbox. And now I can't go back to parallels.

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We would like to know the extension of the VM file and also create a problem report when you try to convert Virtualbox VM.

3. ThorstenS5

ThorstenS5 Bit poster

I have send you through "problem report-window" an email with all datas.
    There are three files in the folder: Windows 7-Para.hdd ; Windows 7-Para.vbox ; Windows 7-Para.vbox-prev
    Thank you very much for your help
    Best regards
    :)

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

The most popular file extensions used by Virtual Box are OVA, OVF and VDI. Do you have any of these extensions? We need the report id to be shared here on the forum. Just creating a report will not help us to check.

5. ThorstenS5

ThorstenS5 Bit poster

No, in the vm-folder are only Windows 7-Para.hdd ; Windows 7-Para.vbox ; Windows 7-Para.vbox-prev.

The report id is: 214994720

Thank you for your help!