Cannot activate parallels toolbox

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by DarrenG1, Aug 28, 2017.

1. DarrenG1

DarrenG1 Bit poster

Just bought new key for new mac
    Parallels Toolbox - this product key is already registered to your parallels account
    technical report ID: 207591218
    please advise
    Thank you

2. Sergeyt

Sergeyt Parallels Developers

Seems this problem happens when you have a subscription for two and more hosts.
    And after successful activation on the first Mac with the first key, you try to activate the second Mac with the second key from the bunch.

Try to activate the second Mac with the first key from the bunch.
    It should help.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
    ParallelsU160 likes this.
  3. DarrenG1

DarrenG1 Bit poster

yes, it worked. Thank you.

4. ComputerD1

ComputerD1 Bit poster

I am having an issue where I got a new iMac and transferred my parallels license to this computer, but the parallels toolbox won't activate because it says I have already activated it on three prior machines. I don't use those prior machines anymore.

5. JIM SYLVESTER

JIM SYLVESTER Bit poster

I am having the same issue. I have an annual subscription and when I try to log on to toolbox in Mac or Windows I get this error:

Attached Files:

6. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello @JIM SYLVESTER We have made the necessary change, please try to activate now. Thanks, Shathish

7. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

You're welcome. Please get back to us for any further queries. Thanks!

8. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

We have made the necessary change, please try to activate now. Thanks!

9. AlexD3

AlexD3 Bit poster

I'm having the same issue. On my new MacBook Parallels Desktop is activated, but Toolbox is not. it says I have already activated it on three prior machines.

10. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made the necessary change, try to activate now.

11. AlexD3

AlexD3 Bit poster

Thanks!

12. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

If you face any issues, feel free to reach us anytime for support.

13. John_Fallas

John_Fallas Bit poster

Hi,
    Recently updated Parallels Desktop 13 to 13.1.0 (43108), but when I try to activate P Toolbox, it says 'Failed to save the internal information to the hard disk.'
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

14. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello @John_Fallas ,
    Please make sure you have installed all the updates of Parallels Toolbox, then click on the Parallels Toolbox icon in the Mac menu bar, then on the cogwheel icon in the upper right corner within the application interface, select 'About Parallels Toolbox' from the menu that appears and click on 'Sign Out' in the next screen. Then, within the Parallels Toolbox wizard, sign into your Parallels account , click on 'I have a key' and apply your Parallels Desktop 13 license in the following screen and check if it works. Thanks

15. John_Fallas

John_Fallas Bit poster

Hi, thanks for the reply, but I have tried several times and still get the same message.

16. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Please uninstall and reinstall Parallels Toolbox.

1.To uninstall Parallels Toolbox, quit the application.
    Open Finder > Applications > select the Parallels Toolbox folder and application and move them to Trash.To know more, please refer this article

2.To reinstall Parallels Toolbox for Mac, please follow as suggested at http://kb.parallels.com/123931 and check if this works. Thanks!

17. John_Fallas

John_Fallas Bit poster

Thanks for the tip and for your patience. Just for the record, besides trashing the PT application itself I had to uninstall all related files (plist etc.) using a 3rd-party uninstaller. After reinstalling PT, the registration process worked.

18. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

19. ThomasR17

ThomasR17 Bit poster

I am having similar issue, please see screenshot
    Screenshot 2018-07-26 at 04.56.55.jpg
    I can successfully login to Parallels Desktop with the same credentials, so what can be wrong here?

20. Hi ThomasR17. Please move the Parallels Toolbox from the 'Applications' folder to 'Trash'. Then refer this article to install Parallels Toolbox and check if it helps.