Cannot access Home Desktop on the MAC

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by Anashwaran, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Anashwaran

Anashwaran Junior Member

Everytime I open Parallels I get this message:
    Windows cannot access\\Mac\Home\Desktop
    Which means I cannot access folders, my documents, pictures etc...
    It happened after the last update. I believe it happened before after an update, meaning that all the settings were killed.
    Someone can help here. I remember being very tricky to make things work again.
    Parallels should give a warning to save settings so that this is not happening.
    I use the latest update have a MAC Sierra Vers. 10.12.5. Windows 10 latest update.

2. Anashwaran

Anashwaran Junior Member

I must excuse myself for this thread, because I had the same problem sometime ago and I found now my old writings.
    In fact I didn't reinstall Parallels Tools on Windows. They were installed on MAC and I thought thsu was enough.
    But they have to be also on Windows and that's what I did and now all my files show up and are accessible. UFF!
    Maybe this might help somebody else alo.
    All the best.

3. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are glad that you have resolved the issue by reinstalling Parallels Tools and also like to inform you that Parallels Tools cannot be installed on host macOS but Parallels Toolbox can be installed. Parallels Tools needs to be installed in a guest OS and Parallels Toolbox is a collection of utilities.

4. Anashwaran

Anashwaran Junior Member

Yes you are right. I made the error of taking the Tools for the Toolbox. So things clear up. Happy to have that resolved.

5. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Feel free to reach out any time for support.