Bootcamp first, then Parallels = problem

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JohnD17, Oct 29, 2017.

1. JohnD17

JohnD17 Bit poster

I installed Bootcamp first, then Parallels.
    I want Parallels to work with my Bootcamp partition. This is supposedly doable, but it fails for me every time.

Also, if I do get it to work successfully, can anyone explain to me in practical terms how this differs from creating a Windows 10 virtual image?

MacBook Pro 2013 (non retina)
    OS X El Capitan
    Windows 10 Pro
    Parallels 13

2. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello @JohnD17 , please follow the steps provided at http://kb.parallels.com/112941 to run Boot Camp partition with Parallels Desktop and if the issue still persists then please let us know what is the error message that you get so that we can check.
    Thanks

3. JohnD17

JohnD17 Bit poster

Hi. Thanks for the help. I just tried again, using your instructions, and I hit a dead end.

I cannot get passes a black-screened window that says:

"Parallels(R) VGA-Compatible BIOS Version 3.0.3###.#####

13.1.1 (43120) DATE
    Copyright 1999-2017 Parallels International GmbH
    All Rights reserved.

2048 MB physical memory installed

Network bottom is installed.
    Trying to boot from SATA drive 1..."

This screen comes after Step 3 in your link above (for me, the "Use Windows from Boot Camp" option WAS available, and is what I clicked).

Thanks!

4. DanielB16

DanielB16 Bit poster

I have the -exact- same issue. Same black-screened window, same message.

MacBook Pro, retina.
    High Sierra, Parallels 13, Windows 10.

5. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

6. MarkC25

MarkC25 Bit poster

I also have the same exact problem. I tried the csrutil instructions as well as the bootrec instructions and I still have the same problem. I talked to support and they had to escalate. I need to get this running. Its been a few weeks now.

7. DanielB16

DanielB16 Bit poster

No input from parallels support team yet? Three complaints seems enough to respond, right?

8. alexg

alexg Parallels Developers

Hi Guys, the problem was found and fixed. Please wait awhile. Thank you for you patience.

DanielB16 likes this.
  9. alexg

alexg Parallels Developers

Hi Guys, please try Parallels Desktop 13.2 and share your results. Thank you!

10. DanielB16

DanielB16 Bit poster

Works! Thank you.

11. TimothyK1

TimothyK1 Bit poster

Still now working. Getting "No operating system installed on the vm" and I know it works because I can run bootcamp just fine be itself. Running a iMac 27 5k with 3tb fusion drive. I've since switched to VMWare Fusion 10 and my system is running great via bootcamp and vm. Looks like you just lost another customer Parallels support!!