Bogus "Solve a problem with your virtual machine" message

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Carlhw2, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Carlhw2

Carlhw2 Bit poster

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone else has had this minor issue and knows what to do about it.

I boot up my virtual Windows 7 machine, and the little flag icon in the tray always has a message saying "Solve a problem with your virtual machine." Clicking on this opens a window that tells me I need a driver, and provides a link ... clicking on this takes me to a help page with instructions on how to install Parallels Tools.

Except that I've already installed Parallels Tools. I chose "Reinstall Parallels Tools" from the Virtual Machine menu, just for kicks, but the "Solve a problem ..." message persists. I never have an option to "Update Parallels Tools" -- it's always "Reinstall" -- which I think means that I have the latest version of PT already installed.

I also am running the latest version of Parallels 6, and Windows 7 has already installed its latest updates.

I realize this is a minor issue, but it would be nice to not be notified of a problem when there isn't a problem.

I'm running Windows 7 inside Parallels 6 on Mac OS X Lion.

Thank you!

2. Carlhw2

Carlhw2 Bit poster

Of course right after I posted this message I found that in the Win 7 "Action Center" you can essentially ignore messages by archiving them. So that's a good enough solution for me! Ta da.