Bluetooth Mouse not detected

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by qwertyz, May 22, 2017.

1. qwertyz

qwertyz Bit poster

Host OS: Mac OS X Sierra 10.12.5
    Guest OS: Mac OS X Sierra 10.12.5
    Parallels: Parallels Desktop 12

Problem:
    When I connect my bluetooth mouse to my Host OS, it doesn't come up as a device that I can assign to my Guest OS. I want to use my bluetooth mouse as a dedicated mouse for the Guest OS. Can someone please help me solve this problem?

Other pertinent information:
    1) I can connect a bluetooth speaker to my Host OS and assign it as a sound output for my Guest OS.
    2) I can assign my USB mouse to the Guest OS.

2. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

Hello qwertyz, please try this article and let us know how it goes.

3. qwertyz

qwertyz Bit poster

Thanks for your reply.

I followed the instructions in the article and enabled bluetooth sharing.

Unfortunately, nothing has changed.

When I search for Bluetooth devices in the Guest OS X, nothing comes up (despite bluetooth devices connected to Host OS X).

Also this is what I see when I click on devices:

Screen Shot 2017-05-24 at 6.39.01 pm.png

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @qwertyz,
    On Parallels Desktop 12 due to stability reasons, it is not recommended to assign Apple Bluetooth USB Host Controller manually to the virtual machine, please use Share Bluetooth devices with Windows feature as mentioned in the article. The remotely connected Bluetooth device doesn't recognize virtual machine as a separate device, it recognizes only Mac.

5. VictorP1

VictorP1 Bit poster

The Wireless keyboards do not show up on Windows side. I want 2 keyboards, one dedicated to windows, the other to Mac. Can only do it at the moment with USB connection. The bluetooth devices don't show up as an option to dedicate to windows.

I already got two logitech mouse working, 1 dedicated to windows and one on Mac OS, as they have a USB transiever, I can select either one to be dedicated on windows. With smart mouse turned off (gaming mode), and the dock and notifications turned off, it's like having 2 seperate computers and two people can use them simultaneously.

Now with the keyboards, both are the new wireless numeric keypad keyboards from apple. One I have paired through bluetooth and I use it for Mac OS, the other I have it connected through USB and did not pair it with bluetooth so that I can assign it to Windows... but takes away the point of having a wireless keyboard. Would be perfect if I could pair it in windows with bluetooth.